What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

LAG, Remember this thread? http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ght=rising+sun I typically recommend Pasadena to friends who are looking for new/different places to eat. Pasadena has every kind of food covered except for Chinese (none recommendable, anyway. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.), African, and Eastern European. That's pretty impressive for just the Old Town/Lake area and can't name another place that size with that much variety. Rye, I think we're all interested in supporting fellow SF'ers sartorial endeavors, so quit being the shy, 20-something Silver Lake emo hipster who hangs out The Coffee Table myspacing people on his macbook about how much parking sucked at the Echo for Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. So embrace our love. BTW, have you been to Nicky D's lately? I stopped by while I was in town a week ago and the new server's got a freakin' body.

2. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Not a great outfit shot, but SNOW! And it's sticking!

[​IMG]

3. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

As for the Rokara line, I think that the black and gold scarf looks particularly good. That and the cardigan. Although I would say that the picture of Rye wearing it looks a hundred times better than the picture of it in the Blue Bee online shop, which is why I thought it would be cool for Rye to post some pics of how he envisions some pieces being worn.

Oh, and Rye, you're not going to Project? I see that your line is being repped there, but thought maybe you'd check out the madness yourself.

I see that many web stores still opt for the models with a well built upper body which doesn't bode well for the kind of cuts we strive for. I see this problem alot on revolve clothing, most of their models look more suitable for a A&F shoot. I think many web stores rush through their shoots because of how much product they have to upload and they still have a B & M location to manage, without considering how a jean should be worn, on the waist, pulled down onto the hips etc....
    I won't be at Project, I have to take care of current and future production issues, oh sooo glamorous the fashion game. I will be in Vegas though!!!.

4. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

Rye, I think we're all interested in supporting fellow SF'ers sartorial endeavors, so quit being the shy, 20-something Silver Lake emo hipster who hangs out The Coffee Table myspacing people on his macbook about how much parking sucked at the Echo for Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. So embrace our love.
    BTW, have you been to Nicky D's lately? I stopped by while I was in town a week ago and the new server's got a freakin' body.

Ahhh, I wish I was 20-something, I'm afraid 29 was a couple of years ago. Are you still allowed to be a Emo Hipster when you cross the threshold of 30?. I Hope so because I have no plans to grow old gracefully. Parkings OK for the Echo as long as your prepared that your car will be stolen, keyed or vandalated!.

5. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I want to be vandalated.

6. Halifamous

Halifamous Senior member

One more for the "bluebee models... wtf?" crowd.

God, I thought Tsubi's were awful pants based on how I saw them repped on that site. The guy is built for the Sears catologue.

Rye, is that the only web source you have distributing your lines? Because I am waaaay too far away from a major city to find a B&M retailer.

7. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Old school PDC GTO 1yr
    AA chocolate brown T
    Barbera dark blue alpaca fleece jacket with brown suede trim
    Varvatos boots

8. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

soundtrack of my day:

[​IMG]

NEW ERA cap
    AA t-shirt
    STUSSY crew
    APC HIPSTER jeans
    FRANCIS

9. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

APC Grey/Blue striped sweater
    Vintage Brown leather jacket
    Sugar Cane Okinawas
    AE Fairgates
    Breitling Crosswind

[​IMG]

Not sure that those horizontal striped sweaters in your last two posts are doing you any favors[​IMG] .

10. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Ahhh, I wish I was 20-something, I'm afraid 29 was a couple of years ago. Are you still allowed to be a Emo Hipster when you cross the threshold of 30?. I Hope so because I have no plans to grow old gracefully. Parkings OK for the Echo as long as your prepared that your car will be stolen, keyed or vandalated!.
    Please, it's Silver Lake. Everyone's 20-something. I'm 24 and have been 20-something for the past 10 years. Surprisingly never had my car keyed there and I somehow always find parking on Lemoyne. Wish I could say the same about Spaceland. I think I parked in Whittier last time there was a sold out show there.

11. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] skatepark of tampa samurai o.g. 7s

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

more of the usual...

Fred Perry harrington
    Fred Perry gingham buttondown
    FPxCDG vneck sweater
    Levis Cap E
    patherella socks
    Loake feet

[​IMG]

13. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Not sure that those horizontal striped sweaters in your last two posts are doing you any favors[​IMG] .

I don't really buy into the vertical vs horizontal stripe theory in regards to my shirt/sweater choices, mainly because I'm going to look wide regardless of what type of stripe I wear, with a 11.5" drop and 22" shoulders. I think any sort of slimming effect from vertical stripes would be minimal and not really worth it in any case.

14. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

[​IMG] APC Standard Fit 31" jeans-Ebay. Rokara Jkt with detachable fur collar-Sample. Vans-American Rag. S/S Western shirt w/ lurex picks-Pasadena Rose Bowl Market. Embellished Belt-Pasadena Rose Bowl Market.

15. Halifamous

Halifamous Senior member

I don't really buy into the vertical vs horizontal stripe theory in regards to my shirt/sweater choices, mainly because I'm going to look wide regardless of what type of stripe I wear, with a 11.5" drop and 22" shoulders. I think any sort of slimming effect from vertical stripes would be minimal and not really worth it in any case.
    First off, well on you for not buying into the BS around vertical and horizontals, especially because while the theory is a solid guidline it is by no means a be all end all. Also, well on you for accepting the limitations of your stature, something that took me a long time to do. Dressing your body type can make most anyone look great. Your pics with the sweaters (especially the APC) look fine. I find you a little spotty with fits from time to time, but no problems around the sweaters. The thin stripes on the APC sweater make it a focal point in the outfit and aren't overpowered by the jacket, which is quite a feat. Nice work. Not at my macbook, so recycling an old fit that I never ended up posting: AA tee Jospeh Abboud camel hair scarf Designworks Japan Blazer Energie Morris Darks Monkstrap loafers... not shown. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.