• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
I know that inflection and intonation don't translate well into text but I figured that if I refered to a "wang" as majestic (TWICE!) the sarcasm had to break through because I was "wang" deep in it as I was typing.
I think she's as immune to sarcasm as she is to wang.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I think she's as immune to sarcasm as she is to wang.

*****'s so powerful....

sam_tem

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Beams Hoody-Beams Harajuku.
Thrift NYC Tee-Pasadena Rose Bowl Market.
Rokara Scarf-Rokara Sample Box Downtown Los Angeles.
Nudie SSK Jeans-Harvey Nichols Manchester UK.
Chucks-Undftd Silverlake.

i have no idea what'd i do with a scarf when living in htown, but damn do i want that rokara one after seeing it on bluebee

thinking that or a nicole farhi one on sale

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Still figuring stuff out on this here camera. It's fancy like. Anyway, here are a couple of theme and a variations of the outfit my last post. From the course of the week. Apparently, it is easier to take clear pictures when you hold the camera with both hands.

Waxed cotton brown Engineer's cap, Fred Bare, Alan Bilzerian, Boston MA
Brown and khaki eco-wool hoodie, Engineered Garments, Peasant, Birmingham, MI
Wool Scarf, Kerry, Irish Imports, Cambridge, MA
Olive melange Engineer's jacket, Engineered Garments, from a Styleforum member, originally from MAC, SF.
Brown fingerless gloves, Goorin Bros., Newbury Comics, Cambridge, MA
Brown belt, Barneys, Boston, MA
Dark indigo jeans, (Nudie Straight Svens), Denim Bar, Arlington, VA.

Waxed cotton black Engineer's cap, Fred Bare, Alan Bilzerian, Boston MA
Black wool herringbone M65 Jacket by Nom de Guerre, Stel's, Boston MA
Wool Scarf, Jack Spade, Kate Spade, San Fransciso, CA
Black Tiger Fleece Hoodie, W+H, CYC, Vancouver, BC.
Black fingerless gloves, Army surplus, Proletariat, Cambridge, MA
Engineered Garments for Styleforum blue military quick release belt, me and Daiki, my office at Harvard, Cambridge, MA
Left hand twill jeans, Studio D'Artisan, Blue in Green, New York, NY

And a couple of shots of me tonight, featuring a freshly shaved head (I've gone beyond the #1 razor. I am at a 1/2 now!) I am not mean mugging for any of those pictures. I am just concentrating really hard on taking the picture without shaking the camera. I've figured out how to use the slow exposure, but not how to keep my hand steady enough get my entire head in the picture.

Shawl collar fleece pullover, W+H, Peasant, Birmingham, MI
Braided leather cuff, APC, APC NYC.
Barbell leather bracelet, Jutta Neumann, Jutta Neumann, NYC
Engineered Garments for Styleforum blue military quick release belt, me and Daiki, my office at Harvard, Cambridge, MA
Raw Indigo jeans, APC, Stels, Boston MA (I would have gotten them from Mauro at Denim Bar, but they were an emergency buy. Needed some jeans for a trip, pronto.)

Alot of people on this forum own nice ****, but damn man, you are one of the few who can put a damn good outfit together.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LA Guy, you killed the last page, most excellent

classic sufu bathroom shot...

aa
w+h
pbj

sat001.jpg

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
LA Guy, great stuff, man. I am seriously jonesing for a W&H shawl collar now.
frown.gif
No shots that include jeans? I've always been interested to see just how you wear your jeans, we rarely get to see them. Braidkid, I like the fits you've been posting. For the record, I also like the wallet chain.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
You sorta remind me of Seann-William Scott in that picture, braidkid. Not sure if that's good or bad.
tongue.gif
I like the belt, cardigan (?), and jeans, but you'd look better without the wallet chain for the record.

presidentofvice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Sorry, I'll take it back - it was a low blow. I tend to play the emo-card a bit too often sometimes. Just next time, try not to look so glum chum
smile.gif
It was a good photo though.

no worries! just giving you ****
laugh.gif

ct2582

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Some great fits today. Actually everybody who's posted a fit today has been killing it. Also, +3 or 100 or whatever it is now on the contraband unLevis fit, braidkid.

In the meantime I, for one, am not afraid to look at the camera!

wayw0119.jpg

This is how I looked all day at my messy-ass desk, procrastinating by checking these forums every half hour, and it's a better shot of the boots for Get Smart:

wayw0119-2.jpg

Nice.

Where did you get your white hoodie from?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
LA Guy, great stuff, man. I am seriously jonesing for a W&H shawl collar now.
frown.gif
No shots that include jeans? I've always been interested to see just how you wear your jeans, we rarely get to see them.

Thanks Sauce et al. As for the full body shots, they'll have to wait for my wife to get off her boredom of taking pictures of me, or I clean the bathroom mirror (only full length in the house), or I figure out the remote thing on the camera, whichever comes first. Oh, and Sauce, great boots (and great shots as usual - man, I need to figure out the action sho thing.) I wish I felt more comfortable wearing non-sneakers. There are a few pairs of boots pining for me to wear on a more frequent than once or twice a year basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads