1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

but we all have to make sacrifices for beauty!

spoken like a true sartorialist!

2. gza

gza Senior Member

Yup, my mistake, thought I saw a toe cap and laces. Looks like they've been well-loved.

You were partially right - mine are a vintage model that actually do have toe caps (but no laces). The photo I posted is not of my particular pair; I just stole that image to illustrate their most distinctive feature.

As for being well-loved, I'm sure they were well-loved by the real soldier who owned them before they were bought by me, the guy who just dresses like one on occasion.

3. VENDER

VENDER Active Member

[​IMG]
    Surface 2 Air fleece shirt-jacket
    Supreme t shirt
    Swiss Army watch
    BDU belt
    Costume National cargoes
    tanker boots

Would have gone with a different colored undershirt. Navy Blue doesn't match anything in your outfit.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Would have gone with a different colored undershirt. Navy Blue doesn't match anything in your outfit.

Hmmm, I think that a complementary color would have been too much. I think that a constrasting shirt was called for. Personally, with this outfit, I agree that the primary color was not the best of choices. I would have gone with, say, a wine or teal shirt instead...

5. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior Member

What about something light? A turquoise or something similarly light would have been my choice. But then that's how world wars are started. Over undershirt colours. [​IMG]

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

What about something light? A turquoise or something similarly light would have been my choice.

But then that's how world wars are started. Over undershirt colours. [​IMG]

Turqoise would work.

7. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Distinguished Member

Those are some great pants gza.

8. gza

gza Senior Member

Thanks for the props and the points, guys. I agree a contrasting-color shirt is better than a matching one in this case - while the outfit was supposed to be military-influenced, it's still not supposed to be literally a uniform. I'm lacking in having a variety of basic tees right now, but I plan to move towards wearing more unprinted shirts. In fact, I've been wearing some of my printed ones inside out for that purpose. When I want something more interesting I'll pick up some of Jay Allen's product (just put in my first order a few days ago). There doesn't seem to be much point in getting any others when his are both cheaper and have more going on than 99% of the competition.

9. Mauro

Mauro Stylish Dinosaur Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Super rilfe jeans black vans and red velvet mens tee-shirt.

10. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Thanks for the props and the points, guys. I agree a contrasting-color shirt is better than a matching one in this case - while the outfit was supposed to be military-influenced, it's still not supposed to be literally a uniform. I'm lacking in having a variety of basic tees right now, but I plan to move towards wearing more unprinted shirts. In fact, I've been wearing some of my printed ones inside out for that purpose. When I want something more interesting I'll pick up some of Jay Allen's product (just put in my first order a few days ago). There doesn't seem to be much point in getting any others when his are both cheaper and have more going on than 99% of the competition.
    Which did you get? Rising sun and Star would both look awesome with that outfit.

11. gza

gza Senior Member

Actually, I wasn't thinking of this particular outfit when I ordered - I ended up choosing Jester because I think the color scheme is one of the most versatile out of all of Jay's designs. I also want to make sure of the fit before I order more, but I definitely plan on picking up Rising Sun, Star, and Crucifix at the very least.

12. Homme

Homme Distinguished Member

At uni today. Wearing Regular Ralf Nudies in 'Worn Broken' wash, white red & black 'asian' print Minus Ung shirt, olive Paul Smith jacket and blue chuck taylors. Might post a pic when i get home tonight, will see how i go.

[​IMG]

13. phaedrus

phaedrus Senior Member

At uni today. Wearing Regular Ralf Nudies in 'Worn Broken' wash, white red & black 'asian' print Minus Ung shirt, olive Paul Smith jacket and blue chuck taylors. Might post a pic when i get home tonight, will see how i go.

Minus Ung shirt, are you an Australian ?

14. Homme

Homme Distinguished Member

Yeah, I'm Australian. Have 3 Minus Ung shirts ... love the prints.

15. heartworm

heartworm Senior Member

[​IMG]

Nudie denim shirt
    Nudie RRDS 5 months
    A shotgun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.