What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamonds

diamonds Senior member

Morning: [​IMG] Wings & Horns Jacket AA Hoodie Junk de Luxe Cardigan AA T-Shirt Ande Whall Jeans Vans Prison Issue High Noon: [​IMG] Alex + Chloe Necklace Minimalism T-Shirt Junk de Luxe Cardigan (not pictured) Ande Whall Jeans Vans Prison Issue High Night: Wings & Horns Jacket Minimalism T-Shirt Junk de Luxe Cardigan (not pictured) Ande Whall Jeans Vans Prison Issue High

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Jason, is that the grey-olive fabric you mentioned to me? Looks really good.

3. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

not a very good picture but

[​IMG]

4. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

[​IMG]
    thrift flannel
    supreme
    samurai
    nike

the chops are awesome.

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Jason, is that the grey-olive fabric you mentioned to me? Looks really good.

it's a taupe glenplaid...sort of appear greyish brown from a distance.

the greyish olive is a solid flannel

6. prufrock

prufrock New Member

7. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

[​IMG]

Scarf/Shemag
    MQueen Cardi (cold again here)
    Tee-Vintage BSA
    Jeans-Nudie SSK
    Shoes-Paul Smith

Cheap! like that plaid shirt. The vintage Nikes compliment that look!

Fok. Like the hat. Now I've found some grown up shoes I need a hat to hide this mop of hair my wife won't allow me to cut!.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Scarf/Shemag
    MQueen Cardi (cold again here)
    Tee-Vintage BSA
    Jeans-Nudie SSK
    Shoes-Paul Smith

Cheap! like that plaid shirt. The vintage Nikes compliment that look!

Fok. Like the hat. Now I've found some grown up shoes I need a hat to hide this mop of hair my wife won't allow me to cut!.

I like that sweater Rye. Normally, not a big fan of skulls, but I think that this one works nicely, an interesting play on the ski sweaters by companies like Dale of Norway.

Don't know if you are the lucky type (e.g. my wife) who can wear pretty much any type of hat, or the less lucky type (me) who likes hats, but on whom most hats look complete shite. If you are the former, I know that Alan has 2 more of the hat I just bought, and also a really cool military style with a more cylindrical shape and larger brim (in black, I believe, which would ne more your style, also in dark olive, iirc). They are on sale right now, and I could pick one up and send it to you. Fred Bare also has a website (www.fredbare.co.uk) which has contact information. I know that they have some stockists in the LA area. I also like Eugenia Kim's military caps, but they are too big for my head. Balenciaga just shipped a really cool midnight blue satin military cap with a short brim that is very nice, but is also $300. Yup, those are the best military caps I've seen in a while.

9. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Getting kinda chilly and damp in L.A.

Polo zip cardi
    Old Stussy plaid button down shirt
    Denime 66 Black
    Old Florsheim double soled pebble grain wingtips.

10. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Wow, a lot of good posts in the last couple pages. We are a stylish bunch.

Today, jacket open because I was walking all over the damn city and was starting to get pretty hot:

[​IMG]

And a second pic so that you can see the jacket still has shape, even open, though I almost didn't post it because I look really posed in the action shot (and the whole reason I take action shots is so I don't have to pose):

[​IMG]

H&M scarf worn long, inspired by cultpop (Saucepop? Cultmaster?)
    Inapt peacoat, black vneck (I think H&M), white undershirt, BR belt, PBJs, MJ Vans. No, I didn't tuck the v-neck, it just decided to ride up a little over my belt buckle.

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

[​IMG]

That's a Rexy strut if I've ever seen one.

Out buying more roofies?

12. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

I like that sweater Rye. Normally, not a big fan of skulls, but I think that this one works nicely, an interesting play on the ski sweaters by companies like Dale of Norway.

Don't know if you are the lucky type (e.g. my wife) who can wear pretty much any type of hat, or the less lucky type (me) who likes hats, but on whom most hats look complete shite. If you are the former, I know that Alan has 2 more of the hat I just bought, and also a really cool military style with a more cylindrical shape and larger brim (in black, I believe, which would ne more your style, also in dark olive, iirc). They are on sale right now, and I could pick one up and send it to you. Fred Bare also has a website (www.fredbare.co.uk) which has contact information. I know that they have some stockists in the LA area. I also like Eugenia Kim's military caps, but they are too big for my head. Balenciaga just shipped a really cool midnight blue satin military cap with a short brim that is very nice, but is also $300. Yup, those are the best military caps I've seen in a while.

Thanks for the offer on the hat. Most hats don't suit me, or I don't feel comfortable with most styles, so I'll pass for now. Also I haven't forgotten about your jeans, I'm just swamped preparing for the upcoming shows!.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Sauce: nice jacket, and nice outfit. I like the scarf. Really nice touch. What brand is that jacket? I've stayed away from peacoats (have a Burberry Prorsum Spring weight one from Menichetti's tenure that gets worn maybe once a year) because I really dislike buttoning up my jackets and coats (have only done so thrice in the 3.5 years I've been in Boston). I have a vintage peacoat that sort of keeps it's shape when open (transformed it into a single breasted jacket with constrasting resin buttons,) but it still sits a little off when open, so I don't wear it either.

Rye: Cool, the jeans should be cool. I'll post a picture of me wearing them here and make it a "hot or not" poll, although I'll regret that deeply.

14. bkrstic

bkrstic Senior member

bummed there wasn't much snow

it's cooold

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

better view of duffle+jeans

[​IMG]

Gloverall duffle
    Joseph Abboud sweater
    H&M shirt
    G-star raw core classics 2 months
    Nike blazer black fives

15. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Huh. Surprised to see G Stars on here. In fact, surprised to see them anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.