What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

varsity cardi theme continues...

penguin
    gap
    paul smith
    calzoleria toscana

[​IMG]

2. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

[​IMG]

3. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Cheap, cheap - who got the keys to my jeep? Correct, as always. What are the shoes again? You've posted them before, but I forgot. Unfortunately, it looks like you've got some new competition - ironman, are those suede oxfords? Day-ummm...the cuffed jeans, the cap, the aviators - well played. Very well played.

4. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

shoes? nikeXapc.

competition? i dont know what you mean... im only competing against myself

5. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

shoes? nikeXapc.

Oh, right; like I said, I forgot.

6. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

competition? i dont know what you mean... im only competing against myself
    I know; I'm just f***in' around...the cap and the old truck reminded me of some of your posts, that's all. It's all love here on the Stz. [​IMG]

7. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Jason, is that cardigan an S or an XS? I can't recall, though I seem to remember hearing you sized down.

I like that one a lot. I wish I would have snatched one when they were still around and on sale. This season's cardis are all sold out in XS.

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Brian, the gap cardi is an XS...perfect for a 38 chest....maybe a bit loose if yer a 36

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Cheers Brian. I saw your little comment on the plethora of black in recent posts. I guess the brightness of the kicks got me off the hook.

Hah, well I didn't mean anything harsh by it. It's just that lately I've been seeing a lot of posters who I'm used to posting well-coordinated outfits having suddenly seemed to shift their wardrobe to all black, almost every day. I have no doubts that it works for these people, but I still mourn the loss of greys and colors. I guess I'm going Manton in my old (23!) age. [​IMG]

Wow, that was quick Jason. Thanks. At least now I feel better that I missed it, since it probably wouldn't fit me. I fuckin love today's get-up, dude. The shoes look great too. Did I miss their introduction?

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

thanks Brian.

the shirt and trousers are courtesy of my fiancee who got them for me at Xmas. The trousers have a really cool micro gingham pattern in dark brown/teal

the shoes are a brand that Nordstroms was selling for a while. Full grain reddish brown leather, full brogue, italian last shape. Probably not enough pedigree for guys on MC, but I think they look pretty sharp and are very comfortable, and the price wasnt bad, under $100 on sale.

11. ironman

ironman Well-Known Member

ironman, are those suede oxfords? Day-ummm...the cuffed jeans, the cap, the aviators - well played. Very well played.
    why thank you, sir, i appreciate the kind words. suede bucks, i think they're called, they're from j crew, though i dont know what year.
    i wasn't set on a year for the photo.. i just hopped into that ol 55 and got my steez on.

i dont know what you mean... im only competing against myself
    that's how it should be. you be yourself, i'll be myself, we'll all just be ourselves.. diversity is the spice of life.

12. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

13. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Yeah, that's the one. You can find them on eBay for 20-40. I haven't been able to figure out if the Swedish coats and tunics are repros or surplus, but I suspect repros. No idea what they're like in person.

14. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Yeah, that's the one. You can find them on eBay for 20-40. I haven't been able to figure out if the Swedish coats and tunics are repros or surplus, but I suspect repros. No idea what they're like in person.

I found some that are suppossed to be NOS, I grabbed one for dirt cheap, see how it works out. Will not be as nice as that coat he got, but hey, it is a lot cheaper (I also really liked the linibg of his jacket but oh well).

15. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Damn, where'd you find those?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.