Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken

ken Banned by Request

Ken, what's all that mushy white stuff yer walking in??? [​IMG]
    When you get north of SanFran, this weird thing happens to water sometimes. The upside is that we can make cold tea!

Arethusa: Those are Pradas that I picked up at DSW. They originally had a grayish color, but I stripped them and slobbed brown all over.

2. knucks

knucks Senior member

I'm not sure if I can pull this off without it being a denim tuxedo, but I'm giving it a shot today. [​IMG] Wranger/H&M/Forever 21/Crate/Nike

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

DTRain, Calis look good to me. I'd say it's a perfect fit.

4. dry the rain

dry the rain Well-Known Member

^word. I sized up after wearing another pair of calis for a long time. I liked the way they looked, but they weren't very comfortable. these are very comfy, and looking at the pics now, look pretty much the same.

x666x: those vans and that jacket make me deeply jealous every time i see them.

cheap: nice cardi.

knucks: it doesn't look like a denim tux to me. the colors are different enough that i think it works.

5. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Cheap - well played, as always; need to score me some cold-weather Pendleton stuff.

Knucks - do not fear the denim tuxedo; embrace it. Real nice look.

x666x - like you need me to tell you you got it locked; you somehow do hypebeast without looking like a hypebeast. I don't wear much skate stuff, but is Emerica worth copping? Committee? Also, f***ing ridiculous record you picked today.

dry the rain - You sized up on the JRs? I'm thinking of grabbing some, and thought CW was to get the tightest you can button 'cause they stretch like mothers.

Cult, are you reading? What up?

Edit: I kan spell gud.

Also, who carries JR for web/phone orders?

6. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

[​IMG]

soundtrack of my day:

[​IMG]

STUSSY t-shirt
    AA cardigan
    EMERICA jacket
    DIOR 19cm jeans
    CHUKKAs

I might able able to give you a run for your money with that shoe box mountain right there..be carefull that things about to tip!.

7. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

[​IMG] pendelton cardi aa samurai saucony
    I like the Saucony's with the jeans Cheap!. I've been trying to snag some NB's to wear with my Acne's and Cheap Mondays but my wife threatens to leave me everytime I take a longing glance at a pair of geeky sneaks!.

8. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

[​IMG] Vintage Western. Cut long which I'm quite partial to. AA fiddy/fiddy Heather tee. Gets a crappy pilly texture after a couple of washes. But "heh" it's cheap, soft and a size small is prrrrfect!. Cheap Mondays. I stand by these jeans but I'm starting to feel a little paranoid wearing them. A similar feeling to the peeps that used to rock the Von Dutch hats...before they moved onto Ed Hardy. Rokara wool/lurex scarf. Another snagged sample. Vans. Still can't touch chucks!.

9. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

yeah, i agree with you on long western shirts. that's how they should be. if you watch taxi driver again, that's how travis bickle wears 'em------though usually he tucks. more and more i am finding myself moving away from more fitted button front shirts to more long, billowy and flowing shirts.

10. dry the rain

dry the rain Well-Known Member

dry the rain - You sized up on the JRs? I'm thinking of grabbing some, and thought CW was to get the tightest you can button 'cause they stratch like mothers.

Yeah i sized up, b/c the older denim didn't really have much give for me except in the waist. These have definitely stretched a bit, but they've got no real pressure on them, so i'm thinking they won't get the chance to stretch too much. I've got thin finns as well so i didn't need a really slim jean. though i'm probably gonna try another pair of 31s (these are 32) over the winter break and see how i feel about 'em.

denim bar does JR phone orders. Use the sf discount and they come out to about $145 shipped.

11. digital_denim

digital_denim Big Lose

[​IMG]
    Somewhere in SF
    EG
    Generic wool turtleneck
    BC gloves
    Sam's
    MJ Vans

12. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Somewhere in SF EG Generic wool turtleneck BC gloves Sam's MJ Vans
    [​IMG] I think turtlenecks are underappreciated. BART station?

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

d_d that jacket is a perfect fit on you.

14. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 I, Manface

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

soul rebel, JR cali, vans

i kinda look like hell and my room is trashed. but any comments on the JR calis? too loose, or ok?

dry the rain - You sized up on the JRs? I'm thinking of grabbing some, and thought CW was to get the tightest you can button 'cause they stretch like mothers.

Cult, are you reading? What up?

awesome fit on the calis man. i think calis are one of the few jeans that look equally good tight or loose-ish. i could have sized down on my nikkis when i first got them (glad i didnt 'cause ive gained some weight since [​IMG] )but they still stretched like crazy. since yours dont look too tight they might not stretch as much.

bonadenim bar has some jr and we get 20% off. [​IMG] im probably going to pull the trigger on some no wash hobokens from denimbar in time for santa day. JR army [​IMG] in effect

knucks nice wrangler
    rye the CMs looks good and the western shirt is A++
    x666x diors + dolls= awesome
    digital [​IMG] perfect everything. the texture of the jacket compliments the sammy denim nicely and even the wall is killing. 10/10
    cheap, sauce, and ken very nice all

too many smiles....

15. jaspar

jaspar Senior member

Rye, where did you get this moncler jacket? Was it somewhere in LA? It's the K2 model, no?

[​IMG]

Moncler-Early Chrimbo gift. So-Cal weather will probably grace me three days of wear for the next twelve months. Good job I'm off to England for a week.
    AA Black V-Neck. Fit is very good.
    Rokara cashmere blend stripe cardigan. Finally snagged some samples.
    Acne Max Cash.
    Chucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.