• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

x666x

Reaction score
x666xlq3.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------
xxw9.jpg

soundtrack of my day:

white.jpg

STUSSY t-shirt
CARHARTT shirt
STUSSY jacket
APC jeans
CLARKs

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

Originally Posted by simpli
Sauce, everything you own seems to fit you perfectly. How tall are you? I wish I had your build.

6'1", a kind of muscular but obviously quite lean 165 pounds or so at last weighing. Basically, I'm built like Allen Iverson (with maybe 1% of his athletic ability). I used to weight 125 pounds a couple years ago; most of my stuff started fitting much much better when I started gaining muscle seriously, and of course I outgrew plenty of it. LA Guy's build is really similar to mine, IIRC; about the same height, and we both have a 39/40" chest, 30" waist.

A lot of it, though, is just that I think fit is 90% of style (at least my style), so I focus on that a lot when buying clothes. The best piece, with the most amazing details, still doesn't look very good if it doesn't fit right. It might be incredible in its own right, but that doesn't much matter if it doesn't fit the way you want it to when you're wearing it. On the other hand, there are people whose attention to fit and body type make them incredibly striking even in just jeans and a t-shirt. I think this holds for pretty much all styles, including looser or more baggy styles. Milspex (on superfuture) wears clothes that are loose/baggy without it looking sloppy, for instance. It's clear that he *could* size down one or even two sizes in some of his clothes if he wanted a "fitted" look, but it's also immediately obvious that he pays a lot of attention to exactly how his clothes fit.

Tiranis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I used to weight 125 pounds a couple years ago; most of my stuff started fitting much much better when I started gaining muscle seriously, and of course I outgrew plenty of it.

Bloody hell, man, you must've been thin as a stick. Was that a typo, or did you really gain that much muscle?
worship.gif

simpli

Reaction score

6'1", a kind of muscular but obviously quite lean 165 pounds or so at last weighing. Basically, I'm built like Allen Iverson (with maybe 1% of his athletic ability). I used to weight 125 pounds a couple years ago; most of my stuff started fitting much much better when I started gaining muscle seriously, and of course I outgrew plenty of it. LA Guy's build is really similar to mine, IIRC; about the same height, and we both have a 39/40" chest, 30" waist.

A lot of it, though, is just that I think fit is 90% of style (at least my style), so I focus on that a lot when buying clothes. The best piece, with the most amazing details, still doesn't look very good if it doesn't fit right. It might be incredible in its own right, but that doesn't much matter if it doesn't fit the way you want it to when you're wearing it. On the other hand, there are people whose attention to fit and body type make them incredibly striking even in just jeans and a t-shirt. I think this holds for pretty much all styles, including looser or more baggy styles. Milspex (on superfuture) wears clothes that are loose/baggy without it looking sloppy, for instance. It's clear that he *could* size down one or even two sizes in some of his clothes if he wanted a "fitted" look, but it's also immediately obvious that he pays a lot of attention to exactly how his clothes fit.

Yeah, this just confirms what I already knew. Time to hit the gym...
frown.gif

Tiranis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by simpli
Yeah, this just confirms what I already knew. Time to hit the gym...
frown.gif

I ask anyone who considers hitting the gym to solve their problems, to first look at their diet! Even the best workout plan in the world will be useless if you don't get enough protein, complex carbs, etc.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thought I'd crosspost this one from MC, since I typically post in this one anyway...

This is from the 'pimp and ho' party that Slim and I rocked last week... (please excuse the whiteboy attempt at the Andre3k pose)

wywt7po5.jpg
wywt8ct7.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't have a grey hat. Or a giant feather. Anyway...

Dorfman & Pacific wool bowler
Hawes & Curtis vintage shirt - fits like it was made for me, this is the one I would send to Jantzen
Faconnable tie that I slimmed down about 3/4"
Vintage tie clip
Vintage red enamel cufflinks
'70s Zegna suit
Silk handkerchief, provenance unknown
RL red argyle socks
Bally loafers, antiqued

The party wasn't too cool, unfortunately. It was for a rock radio station so there were a lot of Federline types there along with your typical all-faded-black-wardrobe crowd. There were a few other people who put some effort in, though. One looked just like Black Zorro. He talked to us for a while about where he bought his jabot. Nice guy, a little insane though.
bounce2.gif

It was fun for a while, but paying $5 for crappy beers quickly got old. We did get interviewed briefly on the radio, introduced as "two very dapper gentlemen standing in front of [the DJ]" and were questioned as to where we got our clothes. To which our respective answers, obviously, were "my closet."
bigstar[1].gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tiranis
Bloody hell, man, you must've been thin as a stick. Was that a typo, or did you really gain that much muscle?

No typo! My sisters used to make fun of me as a kid and pretend I'd disappeared when I turned sideways.
smile.gif

I ask anyone who considers hitting the gym to solve their problems, to first look at their diet! Even the best workout plan in the world will be useless if you don't get enough protein, complex carbs, etc.
+1. In my case, when I'm in gaining phase, I eat 6-7 meals a day, about 4000 calories in total, ~200g protein/day. That's with lifting 3 days/week and cardio 3 days/week. I have to eat a good 2800-3000 cal/day just to maintain at this point.

j, that's awesome. Those Ballys are ******* gorgeous, man. Also, Magritte:
inlove.gif

simpli

Reaction score
+1. In my case, when I'm in gaining phase, I eat 6-7 meals a day, about 4000 calories in total, ~200g protein/day. That's with lifting 3 days/week and cardio 3 days/week. I have to eat a good 2800-3000 cal/day just to maintain at this point.
Jesus Christ. I'm too poor for that! Maybe this is god's way of telling me I should be spending more on food a month than clothing
musicboohoo[1].gif

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tiranis
quoted for truth!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
adidas orions all black
ripped up jeans
black hm T
charcoal rg baffin sweatshirt (i love this thing and the shawl is sicker than the wh)

gonna go to LA or the valley for drinks with my older persian hottie
bigstar[1].gif

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Thought I'd crosspost this one from MC, since I typically post in this one anyway...

Suit looks great.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
If there's 3 things that I know go great together, it's Chicago, December, and motorcycles.

coldBike.jpg

Spoony

Reaction score

If you don't mind me asking, how did you start shaping up? I am in a very similar situation as far as height and build are concerned (6'3" 125lbs) and I could use some help getting started. It's so hard to find decent fitting clothes when you have a 35 inch chest but are my height.

*sorry for the slight derailment here*

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spoony
If you don't mind me asking, how did you start shaping up? I am in a very similar situation as far as height and build are concerned (6'3" 125lbs) and I could use some help getting started. It's so hard to find decent fitting clothes when you have a 35 inch chest but are my height.

*sorry for the slight derailment here*

http://www.hypertrophyspecific.com/hst_index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads