What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

soundtrack of my day:

[​IMG]

STUSSY t-shirt
    CARHARTT shirt
    STUSSY jacket
    APC jeans
    CLARKs

2. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

Sauce, everything you own seems to fit you perfectly. How tall are you? I wish I had your build.

6'1", a kind of muscular but obviously quite lean 165 pounds or so at last weighing. Basically, I'm built like Allen Iverson (with maybe 1% of his athletic ability). I used to weight 125 pounds a couple years ago; most of my stuff started fitting much much better when I started gaining muscle seriously, and of course I outgrew plenty of it. LA Guy's build is really similar to mine, IIRC; about the same height, and we both have a 39/40" chest, 30" waist.

A lot of it, though, is just that I think fit is 90% of style (at least my style), so I focus on that a lot when buying clothes. The best piece, with the most amazing details, still doesn't look very good if it doesn't fit right. It might be incredible in its own right, but that doesn't much matter if it doesn't fit the way you want it to when you're wearing it. On the other hand, there are people whose attention to fit and body type make them incredibly striking even in just jeans and a t-shirt. I think this holds for pretty much all styles, including looser or more baggy styles. Milspex (on superfuture) wears clothes that are loose/baggy without it looking sloppy, for instance. It's clear that he *could* size down one or even two sizes in some of his clothes if he wanted a "fitted" look, but it's also immediately obvious that he pays a lot of attention to exactly how his clothes fit.

3. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

I used to weight 125 pounds a couple years ago; most of my stuff started fitting much much better when I started gaining muscle seriously, and of course I outgrew plenty of it.

Bloody hell, man, you must've been thin as a stick. Was that a typo, or did you really gain that much muscle? [​IMG]

4. simpli

simpli Active Member

6'1", a kind of muscular but obviously quite lean 165 pounds or so at last weighing. Basically, I'm built like Allen Iverson (with maybe 1% of his athletic ability). I used to weight 125 pounds a couple years ago; most of my stuff started fitting much much better when I started gaining muscle seriously, and of course I outgrew plenty of it. LA Guy's build is really similar to mine, IIRC; about the same height, and we both have a 39/40" chest, 30" waist.

A lot of it, though, is just that I think fit is 90% of style (at least my style), so I focus on that a lot when buying clothes. The best piece, with the most amazing details, still doesn't look very good if it doesn't fit right. It might be incredible in its own right, but that doesn't much matter if it doesn't fit the way you want it to when you're wearing it. On the other hand, there are people whose attention to fit and body type make them incredibly striking even in just jeans and a t-shirt. I think this holds for pretty much all styles, including looser or more baggy styles. Milspex (on superfuture) wears clothes that are loose/baggy without it looking sloppy, for instance. It's clear that he *could* size down one or even two sizes in some of his clothes if he wanted a "fitted" look, but it's also immediately obvious that he pays a lot of attention to exactly how his clothes fit.

Yeah, this just confirms what I already knew. Time to hit the gym... [​IMG]

5. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

Yeah, this just confirms what I already knew. Time to hit the gym... [​IMG]

I ask anyone who considers hitting the gym to solve their problems, to first look at their diet! Even the best workout plan in the world will be useless if you don't get enough protein, complex carbs, etc.

6. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Thought I'd crosspost this one from MC, since I typically post in this one anyway...

7. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Bloody hell, man, you must've been thin as a stick. Was that a typo, or did you really gain that much muscle?

No typo! My sisters used to make fun of me as a kid and pretend I'd disappeared when I turned sideways. [​IMG]

+1. In my case, when I'm in gaining phase, I eat 6-7 meals a day, about 4000 calories in total, ~200g protein/day. That's with lifting 3 days/week and cardio 3 days/week. I have to eat a good 2800-3000 cal/day just to maintain at this point.

j, that's awesome. Those Ballys are fucking gorgeous, man. Also, Magritte: [​IMG]

8. simpli

simpli Active Member

+1. In my case, when I'm in gaining phase, I eat 6-7 meals a day, about 4000 calories in total, ~200g protein/day. That's with lifting 3 days/week and cardio 3 days/week. I have to eat a good 2800-3000 cal/day just to maintain at this point.
    Jesus Christ. I'm too poor for that! Maybe this is god's way of telling me I should be spending more on food a month than clothing [​IMG]

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

I ask anyone who considers hitting the gym to solve their problems, to first look at their diet! Even the best workout plan in the world will be useless if you don't get enough protein, complex carbs, etc.
    quoted for truth!

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

adidas orions all black
    ripped up jeans
    black hm T
    charcoal rg baffin sweatshirt (i love this thing and the shawl is sicker than the wh)

gonna go to LA or the valley for drinks with my older persian hottie [​IMG]

11. ken

ken Banned by Request

Thought I'd crosspost this one from MC, since I typically post in this one anyway...

Suit looks great.

12. ken

ken Banned by Request

If there's 3 things that I know go great together, it's Chicago, December, and motorcycles.

[​IMG]

13. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

You had me at red socks....

You had me at red socks....

14. Spoony

Spoony Active Member

If you don't mind me asking, how did you start shaping up? I am in a very similar situation as far as height and build are concerned (6'3" 125lbs) and I could use some help getting started. It's so hard to find decent fitting clothes when you have a 35 inch chest but are my height.

*sorry for the slight derailment here*

15. ken

ken Banned by Request

If you don't mind me asking, how did you start shaping up? I am in a very similar situation as far as height and build are concerned (6'3" 125lbs) and I could use some help getting started. It's so hard to find decent fitting clothes when you have a 35 inch chest but are my height.

*sorry for the slight derailment here*

http://www.hypertrophyspecific.com/hst_index.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.