What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kronik

kronik Senior member

First post in here..

W+H Black/grey pinstripe hoodie
    W+H White Thermal
    Rag and Bone RB6.b
    Sugarcane Garrison Belt
    Campus Adidas

2. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 I, Manface

basic day

Harrington
    Ben Sherman
    Levis
    Grinders steelcap

[​IMG]

your pic and your new avatar are bringing me back. chuck wren dj'ing bluebeat and ska at delila's with more italian metal out front than you could shake a stick at. guiness and newcastle on tap and a spilled beer meant getting or giving the boot if you werent careful.

i remember my first time. this one huge skin just looked me over and said "good luck". after getting severly grilled on my history ("who wrote skinhead moonstomp kid?" "who is george marshall?" etc...) i got completely wasted on newcastle and puked and somehow made it home unscathed. thank you marty for not kicking my ass.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

ahhh good ol George Marshall....i still have my copy of "Spirit of 69" (and Skinhead Nation which has some friends of mine in the NYC chapter), it was one of the first 100 printed. Def a great book, but what a pandora's box it opened, as post-So69 freshcuts would use it as *the* source of anything 'skinhead'. and since then it's all been downhill....that's a subculture that's better off being dead and buried in 2006+

4. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

spirit of 69 is an amazing book. completely forgot about that name until you just mentioned it..read it in like 8th grade

5. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

[​IMG] Detail on the shirt, in case anyone cares: [​IMG] Inapt Peacoat "Admiral" (url) SuperDry shirt CK365 undershirt Nudie belt Nudie RRDS Browns ID ankle boots (look like crap, are made like crap, and yet I am still unable to find anything better in this damn city :-\\)

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

that peacoat looks great on you. Fit seems slim and columnar (which I think I prefer more than a nip-waisted peacoat)...did it come that way or did you tailor it?

7. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

that peacoat looks great on you. Fit seems slim and columnar (which I think I prefer more than a nip-waisted peacoat)...did it come that way or did you tailor it?

Thanks, and yes"”it came that way.

(Also: bloody fast shipping from Japan, it was here within 4 days. That's way faster than shipping from most US stores.)

8. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

Thanks, and yes—it came that way.

(Also: bloody fast shipping from Japan, it was here within 4 days. That's way faster than shipping from most US stores.)

Is the peacoat shipped from Japan? Did you had to pay any duties or taxes on the coat?

Damn, I don't think they're selling the peacoat in a small.

9. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

Is the peacoat shipped from Japan? Did you had to pay any duties or taxes on the coat?

Damn, I don't think they're selling the peacoat in a small.

I bought a Large"”I'm 6'2" and 155 pounds, usually I wear a small or a medium. It's really fitted, it's for Japanese people, not for the average NA person.

No taxes or anything like that, but I believe they didn't mark it as a gift or second-hand clothing, so it was just the customs ignoring it"”they might charge you. $220 (canadian) is the total I paid for it, including shipping.

You can always get 2000db on Superfuture to buy it for you and send it to you, if you feel that's easier. [​IMG]

10. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I looked at the measurements for that one and they looked unfortunately skinny. I love the design, but even the large was pretty skinny. I'm not huge, but I was worried that if I ever lifted a weight again, I'd have an expensive, useless coat.

11. Blenheimer

Blenheimer Well-Known Member

Inapt Peacoat "Admiral" (url)
    SuperDry shirt
    CK365 undershirt
    Nudie belt
    Nudie RRDS
    Browns ID ankle boots (look like crap, are made like crap, and yet I am still unable to find anything better in this damn city :-\\)

Great outfit ! Actually, I quite like the slightly aubergine-ish color of the shoes.

12. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

I bought a Large"”I'm 6'2" and 155 pounds, usually I wear a small or a medium. It's really fitted, it's for Japanese people, not for the average NA person.

No taxes or anything like that, but I believe they didn't mark it as a gift or second-hand clothing, so it was just the customs ignoring it"”they might charge you. $220 (canadian) is the total I paid for it, including shipping.

You can always get 2000db on Superfuture to buy it for you and send it to you, if you feel that's easier. [​IMG]

I'm a pretty small guy. I'm 5'8" and 130 lbs and I doubt a Medium would fit me.

How would getting 2000db on sufu make it easier for me? Does he work for rakuten?

13. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Borrelli duffel coat
    Kiton sweater
    Theory pant
    TB belt
    BR scarf
    NM gloves
    Zegna socks
    Nocona boots

14. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

How would getting 2000db on sufu make it easier for me? Does he work for rakuten?
    He's in Japan... he speaks Japanese, reads Japanese. Some people prefer the no-hassle option and he will mark it as a gift. Also: the model on the Rakuten site is wearing a Medium and he's 176cm, 58kg.

15. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Thought I'd layered up too much this morning when it was 50 degrees... but it was about 27 on my way home, so thank God I did....

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.