What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blenheimer

Blenheimer Well-Known Member

Those are my RRDG's.

Were these tailored to the same slimmer cut as your RRDS ?

2. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Were these tailored to the same slimmer cut as your RRDS ?

Nope, those are actually sized up one, and sit fairly low on my hips; no tailoring except for a hem job after the first wash.

3. Blenheimer

Blenheimer Well-Known Member

4. knucks

knucks Senior member

my camera lens stopped working [​IMG] im pissed

5. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 I, Manface

this bike is my buddy's that recently got running again. I would love to get another ride, but after I move someplace less chaotic than my neighborhood (see above response to Rye's post)

vintage bikes now run a lot, compared to what I remember them costing when I was younger. about 10 years ago a fully restored Lambretta TV175 with all the bells/whistles (chrome, mirrors etc) could be gotten for under $2000. nowadays that same bike would sell for more than $7k. My buddy just sold a Lambretta TV on ebay for $6k and it was stock, just skin and bones but ran. With all the hipsters in the past 5 years wanting vintage vespas the market has shot thru the roof [​IMG] I think most vespas will sell for $2500-3 these days in running condition

honestly, if/when I get another bike it'll be a modern one like the Stella, which *looks* exactly like a vintage vespa but with modern mechanics. I dont have the time/inclination anymore to deal with vintage vehicles breaking down, having also owned a 54 chevy bel air at one point (talk about headaches) it's All Mod Cons aaaaall the waaaay for me....

very true. we have scooterworks here in chicago and the prices have seriously jumped in the past few years. still, someday i plan on owning a vintage vespa.

about 20 degrees f outside today

[​IMG]

h&m scarf
    vintage leather
    vintage stp t
    nikki sixx
    fresh sk8 hi

[​IMG]

i love this t shirt. it has the same print on the front and back. i was coming out of a show at caberet metro a few years back when i saw some young punk wearing it. i offered to buy it off his back and $5 later it was mine.

yesterdays sunset
    [​IMG]

6. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

That scarf is fucking HUGE. I love it.

7. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 I, Manface

That scarf is fucking HUGE. I love it.

yeah it is huge. over 8 feet long and about 18 inches wide. super warm. thank you h&m. best $15 ive spent there.

8. andewhall

andewhall Senior member

Looking super cool Cultpops!!! Loving those white hi-tops my friend. I have become quite addicted to zappo's myself. Feels like I haven't talked to you for ages man!

Get Smart, loving to Zespa man, or was it a Lambretta...sheesh cant remember, anyways top notch. Vintage Vespas and Lambrettas cost and arm and a leg here, was looking into getting one.....$5-7 K though.

Note to self, must rent Quadrophenia again.

9. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

this bike is my buddy's that recently got running again. I would love to get another ride, but after I move someplace less chaotic than my neighborhood (see above response to Rye's post)

vintage bikes now run a lot, compared to what I remember them costing when I was younger. about 10 years ago a fully restored Lambretta TV175 with all the bells/whistles (chrome, mirrors etc) could be gotten for under $2000. nowadays that same bike would sell for more than $7k. My buddy just sold a Lambretta TV on ebay for $6k and it was stock, just skin and bones but ran. With all the hipsters in the past 5 years wanting vintage vespas the market has shot thru the roof [​IMG] I think most vespas will sell for $2500-3 these days in running condition

honestly, if/when I get another bike it'll be a modern one like the Stella, which *looks* exactly like a vintage vespa but with modern mechanics. I dont have the time/inclination anymore to deal with vintage vehicles breaking down, having also owned a 54 chevy bel air at one point (talk about headaches) it's All Mod Cons aaaaall the waaaay for me....

yea the popularity has def gone up
    the site taht i posted has one for about 3800 fully restored paint job and new engine and everything
    im guessing that probably a good deal

10. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Nice scarf, cultpop! I just got a long black one myself in Merino wool from Banana Republic. The temperatures just need to lower more so I can wear it.

First day at PacSun...
    -Hanes Classic thermal top, off-white
    -high school class t-shirt, black (layered over)
    -Express Military Blazer, navy
    -Dickies 874 Work Pant, khaki
    -Express argyll socks, black/grey/charcoal
    -Vans Old Skool sneakers, black

11. Tiyo

Tiyo Active Member

first time post in this thread, [​IMG] [​IMG] Diesel Shazor 71B GAP (RED) belt Guess shirt Danner Boots Belstaff leather jacket more coming soon...

12. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

Bah, finally I'm operational but now neither of my three cameras works. [​IMG] cultpop, that scarf is damn nice. I wish we had H&M here... but then again, I wish we had a lot of other stores too. Rye, love the shoes... overall nicely matched. In relation to the Vespas, etc.—anyone else heard about the 19-year old girl who killed a cyclist and got charged with improper lane usage, thus escaped with no jail time and got to keep her license... o_O

13. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

In relation to the Vespas, etc.—anyone else heard about the 19-year old girl who killed a cyclist and got charged with improper lane usage, thus escaped with no jail time and got to keep her license... o_O
    Happens all the time.

14. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Inspired by GS's Lonsdale track jacket a few days ago:

Ben Sherman red/white/blue target TJ
    Team Zissou t-shirt
    Club Monaco SS-UFS jeans

15. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

Happens all the time.
    Heh, I guess I need stay more up-to-date on US news... first time I've heard of it and it seemed pretty crazy to me. [​IMG] Something needs to be done, seriously. Regardless, won't take up any more space with this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.