1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

This isn't even a black suit dogma thing. This is black + purple gingham = like, double you tee eff, mate: a mathematical axiom with which I am sure you are acquainted.

2. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

We clearly need Get Smart's input on this. If anyone knows how to rock a purple gingham shirt, it's him.

3. denning

denning Senior member

I have a Jantzen shirt in the same fabric. It is very loud, but I have been able to pull it off quite successfully (I think). Because of its in your face nature it needs to be either toned down with more muted colours like grays, navy and black so it simply becomes more of an accessory than a focal point, or else you let it all out and peacock it, in which case fit becomes of utmost importance.

4. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

We clearly need Get Smart's input on this. If anyone knows how to rock a purple gingham shirt, it's him.

The shirts smart and dandy!. The color of the sweater I'm afraid is horrific. You would need a nice dark complexion to pull that color off with style.

Get Smart would probably rock a nice pair of Banana colored PS trousers with fuschia/Magenta Argyle socks and a Wine Blazer with that sweater and shirt. Such a brave man!...

5. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

I like purple and green myself. I may be just a tiny bit more mediterranean than you.

The green could be darker, more forest-y, and the sweater could be more fitted. Current fit is sorta Trad.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I think it needs some kind of tan to go with it. A darker green and a more columnar fit would be nicer too.

7. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

The shirts smart and dandy!. The color of the sweater I'm afraid is horrific. You would need a nice dark complexion to pull that color off with style.

Get Smart would probably rock a nice pair of Banana colored PS trousers with fuschia/Magenta Argyle socks and a Wine Blazer with that sweater and shirt. Such a brave man!...

lol, how'd you know what I was gonna wear tomorrow???

I have a purple check shirt that I like to wear with burgundy (jacket or sweater). I kinda have to agree that green and purple don't compliment each other too well. If that green were darker and desaturated so it almost looks like a green duo-tone color, I could see it looking smashing with the purple gingham.

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Dinner & drinks.

AA windbreaker
    Halogen shirt
    Hanes
    RB15s
    Nike iD's
    SC throw

Jeans look great. I love Rag&Bone. What a fit!! The fly stitching adds a lot.

9. whodini

whodini Senior member

Jeans look great. I love Rag&Bone. What a fit!! The fly stitching adds a lot.
    That fly stitching is the big detail that caught my attention the first time I saw them in person while the sleekness of the denim was like the glossy coat on a ferrari. Really only the second time I've worn them and I'm already getting addicted to them. Need to work a little on the stacking since they're about 2 inches longer than I'm used to. Jet recommend spraying the ends with water to soften it up a bit which I'll have to try. The super deep pockets took some getting used to though.

10. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Thanks for the comments. The sweater is from Macy's, and isn't worth returning, but I wanted to make an effort to wear it when I see the giftgivers, my parents. I might just have to wear it with a white/solid light blue OCDB and khakis, and go full trad. It might complement my tones better, as well. (I looked up my "season" and it's "Irish as hell".) At least I have something to wear on St. Patty's Day!

On R+B, I tried on a whole heluva lot of jeans today at The Denim Bar, and the only ones that even tempted me were R+Bs (14? The 6 were too loose). The Nudie Even Steven and Straight Sven had nice fits, but were too close to my Ralfs to buy. Maybe I should buy some repros... [​IMG]

11. fatty

fatty Senior member

I don't agree with fatty's alternatives (black suit jacket would be... untasty), but this isn't really working, either. The shirt on its own is a little noisy, but could possibly work with some things. The sweater, though, really does not work with it, and it doesn't fit well, either.

Apologises for a bad reccomendation. I think like a girl, nothing is taboo if you can pull it off.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Since everyone is talking about the purple gingham shirt...

I think that it would look better with something in a more saturated color, solid, but with some texture to set off the pattern. A darker, more saturated green would work. Purple and green can actually go together. The problem here is that the green is very washed out, and the white in the shirt, combined with your skin tone, makes you look just a little jaundiced.

I would go with a chestnut moleskin jacket, for the season, or wear it with a dark blue, flannel worsted suit. The blue would actually look quite warm because flannel worsteds tend to absorb light, and especially soft light, very well.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

14. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

15. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

So I need a darker, better fitting sweater or, alternately, a tan. Check.

Rye, what's the function of the buttons on the waist of the cardigan?

16. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

The buttons are for aesthetics. I wanted to build a cardi with some masculinity, not so soft. The closure seperates the rib in the back from the front. The closure functions if needed, to offer some allowance in the waistband for those who like there look a little loose and disheveled.

17. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Senior member

That cardigan has to be one my favorite items that you have posted...

18. dk7m

dk7m Senior member

19. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

LPSS overcoat
    LP polo
    Borrelli pant
    L'Aiglon belt
    Armani socks
    DM boots

20. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Apologises for a bad reccomendation. I think like a girl, nothing is taboo if you can pull it off.
    This isn't about taboos. Some things just don't work. dk7m: nifty jacket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.