1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigwhale

bigwhale Senior Member

Thanks, It's a size medium, but fits like a small.

Hmm, what is your build? My chest is about 38". All they have left in black is a size M and XL.

2. digital_denim

digital_denim Big Lose

Hmm, what is your build? My chest is about 38". All they have left in black is a size M and XL.

i'm 5'9" - 5'10" and about 145-150 lbs.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Playing with settings on the camera. Today, we feature - no flash! Here is yesterday - a lot colder than today, and I decided to do a mirror shot. Surprisingly difficult. Anyway, lots of layers for the "never-worked-a-hard-day's-labor-in-my-life" workman look. Fred Bare John Varvatos DIYed military/biker style short jacket, LVC S506XX "Victory" jacket - a gift from Jay Allen. Before deciding to become a designer, he was in the vintage rag trade, and handled lots of the real thing. W+H black tiger shawl hoodie over a Jay Allen shirt. Also (not showing) 5EP raw bootcuts, worn sort of loose and slouchy, Engineered Garments for SF belt (blue) and natural Chucks. No, the expression on my face is not "I'm going to kill someone." It's "Man, it's hard to hold the camera steady for a slow exposure." [​IMG] Today - slightly brisk, but was sunny: Kelly Spruce hoodie, Oliver Helden t-shirt, Studio D'Artisan SD-D1002, Engineered Garments for SF belt (blue) and sweatshirt Chucks. [​IMG]

4. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Distinguished Member

^
    love the first look man, the jacket is really sweet..which collection is it from?

i like the kelly green hoodie..i was thinking of getting one but the one i saw at steven alan was a bit lighter i think..maybe its just the lighting idk

5. LA Guy

^ love the first look man, the jacket is really sweet..which collection is it from? i like the kelly green hoodie..i was thinking of getting one but the one i saw at steven alan was a bit lighter i think..maybe its just the lighting idk
    Thanks man. The kelly green hoodie has been DIYed as well - I tea dyed it in, literally, green tea and saffron, and washed and dried it a bunch of times to fade it, initially. And that was last year. Since then, the hoodie has 2 homemade repairs from snags from errant fences, and numerous washes. (I like my clothes tough for a reason.) I also love my stuff slightly grungy and DIYed. The Varvatos jacket is from S/S 2004. I got it at Marc Laurent on Bloor Street in Toronto, near the Club Monaco building.

6. Arethusa

Arethusa Distinguished Member

What'd you do to the jacket?

7. masqueofhastur

masqueofhastur Senior Member

White DKNY Jeans sweater, black/gold private member cords, Mondaine 30332 black wristband.

8. lance konami

lance konami Distinguished Member

LA Guy, great looks. I have to say though, you look much more "free" without the hat. If that makes sense. That hat seems to add a bit of a constricted feel to a very comfortable looking outfit.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy, great looks. I have to say though, you look much more "free" without the hat. If that makes sense. That hat seems to add a bit of a constricted feel to a very comfortable looking outfit.

Yeah, I really like the hat, so sometimes overuse it (my wife thinks that I wear that hat a bt too much too.) I love hats, but it is nearly impossible to find one that fits well, so when I do, I have a tendency to wear it all the time.

I put some contrast stitching (mostly orange) on the jacket when it needed some patching up. It is a jacket very suitable for the Italian army. That is, it looks really nice, but can't fight worth shit. Lampo zips, high quality hardware, good construction and taping throughout, really interesting twill fabric, etc... but the durability is not on par with real military stuff.

10. Jared

Jared Distinguished Member

This is what I was wearing yesterday (and on Friday night [​IMG]). Today I was wearing snow pants. [​IMG] Coat: Banana Republic Chesterfield* Shirt: Le Chateau Scarf: Gap Jeans: APC NS Boots: RM Williams Yearling Craftsman * It's boxy like most BR stuff and most overcoats. I've decided to wear it a few times to see if I can live with the cut as well as the sleeve length - comments welcome.

11. Arethusa

Arethusa Distinguished Member

How tall are you? Either you need a size down, some more muscle, or a tailor.

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Yeah, I really like the hat, so sometimes overuse it (my wife thinks that I wear that hat a bt too much too.) I love hats, but it is nearly impossible to find one that fits well, so when I do, I have a tendency to wear it all the time.

That's a badass hat, I can't believe it costs so much but if I paid that much i'd wear it everyday too. It's hard to find a good hat, esp for the yellowman as hats don't tend to look good on *us*, imo

13. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

[​IMG]

Let' Watch t-shirt
    Brown shawl/button collar scratchy military wool sweater
    Filson wool twill field pants over
    Uniqlo Ring Denim
    EG/SF belt
    Goretexish Triumph moto boots

It's snowing here and sticking, I'm sick again, and had to take out the trash.

14. LA Guy

... It's hard to find a good hat, esp for the yellowman as hats don't tend to look good on *us*, imo

They should bring back those hats that the Chinese Ming, Han and Tang dynasty warriors used to wear. The Samurai also had some cool headgear. I tell you, it's the white man screwing everyone else as usual.

15. poly800rock

poly800rock Distinguished Member

Thanks man.

The kelly green hoodie has been DIYed as well - I tea dyed it in, literally, green tea and saffron, and washed and dried it a bunch of times to fade it, initially. And that was last year. Since then, the hoodie has 2 homemade repairs from snags from errant fences, and numerous washes. (I like my clothes tough for a reason.) I also love my stuff slightly grungy and DIYed.

The Varvatos jacket is from S/S 2004. I got it at Marc Laurent on Bloor Street in Toronto, near the Club Monaco building.

just curious as to what you do LA Guy, you have some crazy formulas in there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.