What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

[​IMG]

Quilted Tour Jacket-Vintage store upstate NY. $150+
    Rpm-45 Jeans-RPM-45 NYC. $240+
    White V-Neck Tee-Old Navy $Cheeeeaaapp.
    Mexican Blanket Patterned scarf-Beams Harajuku Tokyo. $45
    Studded Brown leather distressed belt-Rose Bowl. $65
    Vans Era. Little Tokyo Sneaker store. $40.
    Sense of relief..It's the weekend. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

yeah... i dont uderstand it... what would you wear with a denim jacket but jeans?

like this... i love this look... how can you knock it?

nice! yea everytime I hear someone suggest wearing chinos/khakis with a denim jacket I want to punch him in the f'ing face.

3. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

nice! yea everytime I hear someone suggest wearing chinos/khakis with a denim jacket I want to punch him in the f'ing face.

Not to say I need affirmation, but it is nice to hear this. I've started wearing a new denim shirt with jeans lately, following the sartorial lead of one of my old school co-workers.

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I am wearing exactly the same crap as yesterday, with clean underwear and a more-than-hangover.

Same shoes too. Take that, Minya! I'm wearing them extra hard today.

5. seanchai

seanchai Senior member

GS, that's a mighty pointy toe to rock with those cuffs. It works really well (I think the color helps). Really nice outfit.

6. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

CMF cool pic. I like the setting too with the graffiti. I don't know why denim on denim is so knocked, imo it's a classic tough look.

today:
    Ben Sherman (UK made) buttondown
    Fred Perry (Italy made) cableknit vest
    Julian Red california
    Pliner red chelsea boots
    D&G watch

I know I've said this before somewhere, but your tatts really make your look. I love the juxtaposition of the clean, classic style with the (near-)sleeves. Awesome.

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

It was f-ing cold here this morning (nice in the sun, though).

[​IMG]

H+M hat
    RL herringbone scarf
    spiewak p coat
    W+H shawl
    APC Anglaise
    dunks

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I know I've said this before somewhere, but your tatts really make your look. I love the juxtaposition of the clean, classic style with the (near-)sleeves. Awesome.

thanks Sauce. yea, I've always gotten the tag of "walking contradiction" so your comment definitely fits in what everyone's thought for years.

Shoreman, nicely worn classic outfit. I wish it were cold enough for that here.

9. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

10. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

[​IMG]

Great look. What jeans are those?

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

It was f-ing cold here this morning (nice in the sun, though).

[​IMG]

H+M hat
    RL herringbone scarf
    spiewak p coat
    W+H shawl
    APC Anglaise
    dunks

I don't know why but every time I see brickwork like that I know I'm seeing a place around DC/MD/VA guaranteed. My brother lived in a few places just like it up in NW. Love it. Sauce, I always heard denim-on-denim called the Canadian Tux. When I've done it, the guy friends dig it but some of the girl friends laughed it off. Don't get it. Cheap, it's been said before but every shot you take includes the "don't give a fuck" attitude. Kee up the good work. GS, looking great as always. I get the feeling bandwagon's stealthbeasting...

12. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Sauce, I always heard denim-on-denim called the Canadian Tux. When I've done it, the guy friends dig it but some of the girl friends laughed it off. Don't get it.

I think the denim-on-denim thing (homodenim?) can be done well (the Omar of homodenimality?) or poorly (the Liberace of homodenimality?). CMF does it well. I think the "problem" is that it immediately evokes certain references--cowboy chic, for example--and if those seem out of character with your personality, the effect is just sort of amusing. I think it's like a lot of other looks, it's at least half about your attitude. If you really don't give a fuck, I think it can look great.

13. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I think the denim-on-denim thing (homodenim?) can be done well (the Omar of homodenimality?) or poorly (the Liberace of homodenimality?). CMF does it well. I think the "problem" is that it immediately evokes certain references--cowboy chic, for example--and if those seem out of character with your personality, the effect is just sort of amusing. I think it's like a lot of other looks, it's at least half about your attitude. If you really don't give a fuck, I think it can look great.

I agree with the "Mastro tis saltsas" above that it will need to be something you are both comfortable with and don't give a rodent's rear end about. I could never pull it off (too eurotrash, you see [​IMG] )

14. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

To me, a denim jacket is meant to be worn with jeans......if this bothers the wearer or he secondguesses its appropriate-ness, then I guess a denim jacket isnt for him. To me a denim jacket with anything other than jeans looks out of place.

Old school 'rebel' look was all about jean jackets and leather motorcycle jackets, both of which can look awesome on the right wearer or completely ridiculous. I honestly feel that a jean jacket isn't meant for everyone, even tho it seems almost everyone has one.

15. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

and on that note i will pull my leather motorcycle jacklet out of storage and get a pic in it. never worn it, but i think i may be able to make it work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.