What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

getsmart

i'm only feeling those shoes

i feel like it should be posted in men's style or something

nothing but love

Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on this one; I think the light blue socks peeking out seal the whole f***in' deal - they kind of split the difference between ironic and dapper just about perfect.

I do realize I'm a bit late to this party; just thought I'd chime in.

Also, corbu: those RRLs are sweet - eBay? I've given up on ever finding my size. [​IMG]

Oh well; lots of other raw fish in the denim sea etc. etc.

2. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

god i stick out here like a sore thumb, but to complete the waywt forum rounds... [​IMG] hood x scarf cdiem uc 45rpm

3. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

high in the low to mid 80s? i woke up this morning and it was warm enough to go outside in a tee shirt. you should be able to do that in what, 6 months in chi?

Man, I am Jeleous. Lately its been about 40-50*F here durring the day and down in the 30s durring the night.

4. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

god i stick out here like a sore thumb, but to complete the waywt forum rounds...

(Image removed to save space.)
    hood x scarf
    cdiem
    uc
    45rpm

I, for one, absolutely love it. [​IMG]

5. ndmhxc

ndmhxc Member

6. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

god i stick out here like a sore thumb, but to complete the waywt forum rounds...

Keep posting, I always love your fits.

7. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

xcoldricex - ninjabeasting? Very cool.

And get smart - I like it! Pants are awesome and the blue socks are killer.

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

coldrice, that's my favorite look from you - it usually looks like you're trying hard for a particular aesthetic, and this time you really nailed it. I like how the shirts and scarfs hang, they're straight but still loose. the difference in lengths between the t-shirt, scarf and leather shirt is working well, and they smooth right in to the fit of the jeans.

I'm always weary about wearing so much black because naturally nothing can be the exact same shade, and there might be too many tonal mixes going on between pieces which have more of a greencast, bluecast, redcast, etc... but from what I see on this one, A+ and shit.

9. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

^ true, matching blacks can be difficult. xcoldricex is very good at this. i like the ninja off-the-clock aesthetic.

10. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

thanks guys. brian thanks for the feedback, but i must say things work a lot better in real life [​IMG] i don't like clubbing people over the head with what i'm wearing, so i try to take a more natural approach to putting an outfit together- i can be easily overlooked unless you're paying attention which is how i like it.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

god i stick out here like a sore thumb, but to complete the waywt forum rounds... hood x scarf cdiem uc 45rpm
    Nah, that's why I like this forum (all other things aside.) Diversity of looks, although the heritage, hipster-come-in from the wilderness look does sort of dominate. Cosign with with Brian on all his comments. The other look I was really impressed was was your jacket with Sammys (iirc) and c.diem or Poell boots a few pages back. But this nails it. The contrast in textures and lengths of the various pieces, made coherent with a very consistent vertical line really makes this runway ready.* As for myself, in my usual "I am a hipster soldier - i.e. could only kick Toyko's ass" uniform: [​IMG] Top to bottom: Fred Bare Engineer's Cap, w+h black tiger fleece hoodie, Nom de Guerre M65. Not shown is my "Facebender" Jay Allen tee, Engineered Garments for SF in blue belt, JohnBull SC007 one washes, and sweatshirt chucks (decided that the look was too put together otherwise.) Edit: yes, the picture sucks. Deal, unless someone wants to spring me a few hundred for a decent digital. Or just send me their old one.

12. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

[​IMG] chateau roux canes gokey and i agree rice, about the natural approach to putting something together... i feel its the subtle things that really make a good outfit... if it stands out too much its not gonna work for me.
    Edit: yes, the picture sucks. Deal, unless someone wants to spring me a few hundred for a decent digital. Or just send me their old one.
    hey... my cam was 80$ at target... polaroid, 3.2 mp... you dont need hundreds, you just need light.

13. LA Guy

chateau roux
    canes
    gokey

hey... my cam was 80$ at target... polaroid, 3.2 mp... you dont need hundreds, you just need light.

Hmmm, send me $80 then. Or a Target gift card. I love that place. And light would be appreciated too. It's Boston dude. For that last pic, I had every conceivable light on, and it was stil darkish.

I gotta admit, you've been consistently putting up the best pics, except for the crouching shot by DDML, which ties with your Starbucks shot for best shot of the thread, imho.

14. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

^^ yeah... i forgot youre in boston... the whole la guy thing throws me.

15. LA Guy

^^ yeah... i forgot youre in boston... the whole la guy thing throws me.

Yeah, in LA, in this gear, I'd be sweating my ass off. Hey, no fair, you changed shots. This one is cool (worksite?) but I liked the strip mall, (was that a PF Changs?) shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.