What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

The pants are for the days like today when I'm up and out at 6.30am and need the feeling of comfort. I wore my Cheap Mondays yesterday. In most cases todays outfit would have had the ball huggers versus the sloppy cargo's. I'll try better tomoz!
    Hey, no need for ball crunchers unless you like 'em. I actually kind of like the silhouette with the loose/slightly baggy cargos, I'm just not big on the pattern, and think the look would be razor-sharp with slim pants. In any case, it's still good.

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

minimalist day today:

agnes b shirt
    Nudie dry black Finn
    Paul Smith boots
    Lucky Jeans belt

[​IMG]

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Honestly, I like the fit but think it *just* misses because of the pants. Everything else I love, but I think the look might be better with a slightly slimmer pair of pants--jeans, of course, or maybe slim, flat-front slacks either in a solid color or maybe subtly patterned. All IMHO, of course.

I love the scarf.

I disagree about the pants. I think that they work, as would looser jeans. I like the contrast between the fitted top and the baggier bottom.

4. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

i'm on the side of st. sauce

cuffed/dark/slim jeans would add hellfire to the skull of that hellacious look

5. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

like the picture, cheap. youre looking pretty manly for having just walked out of sephora.
    thanks b... i tried to put that place in there to lessen my manliness... but its hard to do that when you are as manly as me.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

i'm on the side of st. sauce

cuffed/dark/slim jeans would add hellfire to the skull of that hellacious look

I think that would look good too, but this look is just so nice and effortless looking. LA in a good way.

7. Jared

Jared Senior member

[​IMG] Woven scarf-Beams Harajuku Japan
    Hey Rye, is that a kaffiyeh? If so, are you wearing it symbolically or fashionably? (And if symbolically, are the vaguely camo pants part of the symbol?)

8. minya

minya Senior member

Which jeans are those, Minya?
    Dior Homme jeans with a 19cm hem, the tapered fit.

I really dig your steez, Rye GB. I want a shemagh!

9. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

Hey Rye, is that a kaffiyeh? If so, are you wearing it symbolically or fashionably? (And if symbolically, are the vaguely camo pants part of the symbol?)

It's all for vanity I'm afraid. I like military pants, always have and the scarf I picked up recently in Japan.

10. Jared

Jared Senior member

It's all for vanity I'm afraid. I like military pants, always have and the scarf I picked up recently in Japan.
    Actually I think kaffiyehs look stylish: those damn Palestinians had to go and ruin them for the rest of us! [​IMG] And by "us" I mean people like me who dress superficially enough and spend enough time spouting leftist babble to have to worry about someone calling us out for wearing one. If you can get away with it, power to you!

11. denimdestroyedmylife

[​IMG] hello, gentlemen! i was taking some pictures of my jeans and airing out the cat when i decided to turn the camera at myself, crouching by my trashcan and overturned watering can. the jacket is from e. garments, the shirt is tg76, the jeans are eternal x dior, the athletic sneakers are vans.

12. Jared

Jared Senior member

[​IMG] the shirt is tg76
    Point of discussion: to what extent has the "dying star logo" been co-opted by Joy Division (by using it as the cover of Unknown Pleasures)? I love the symbol, but I'm not a JD fan (She Wants Revenge does it better [​IMG]), so I'm not sure whether I should wear it. (I've seen it used in other places, but never where it was clear it wasn't a JD homage.)

13. denimdestroyedmylife

it sounds like you know enough about the origin of the design to talk your way out of a corner if you come across a joy division fan. just do it.

14. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Multiple days worth of what I was/am wearing then/now for your perusal!

Way back on the 26th:

[​IMG]

The shirt is one I've posted before, back in September--black & white checked buttonup. I like it underneath large solids to add visual interest, but unfortunately the pic didn't really come out at all.

Dressing for the ridiculous fucking wind on the 29th (I buttoned up before leaving the building):

[​IMG]

And today. Another bad pic, but I like that it looks all sneaky-like. [​IMG] Anyway, better pic under way harsh lights right next to it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. denimdestroyedmylife

the last couple are cool as hell. i prefer your more dangerous looks over your more civilized ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.