What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

[​IMG]

2. raley

raley Senior member

Awesome look Get Smart - what kind of jacket is that? I think might look a *bit* better if the jeans weren't cuffed, but the look is definitely one of your best I think.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Awesome look Get Smart - what kind of jacket is that?
    thanks, it's a vintage 60s jacket. I got it for $15, it's flawless with absolutely zero wear on it, and according to the tag, it was tailored in Hong Kong with the original gentleman's name sewn on the inside pocket. The jacket is actually a bit darker olive green than the pic.

4. shellshock

shellshock Forum Mascot

thanks, it's a vintage 60s jacket. I got it for $15, it's flawless with absolutely zero wear on it, and according to the tag, it was tailored in Hong Kong with the original gentleman's name sewn on the inside pocket. The jacket is actually a bit darker olive green than the pic.

you really like that corner of the room, hm? [​IMG]

5. minya

minya Senior member

you really like that corner of the room, hm? [​IMG]
    Get Smart's so fashion-forward he coordinates the color of his walls w/ his outfits

6. raley

raley Senior member

Man, how great of a find is that! 15 bucks - did you have to get it altered or anything or did it fit that great out of the box? I think I need to start searching around thrift stores, I've always thought about it but never actually done it.

7. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I used to have to sit in that corner with my dunce cap so it has sentimental value. [​IMG]

Raley, yea it was one of my rare finds that fit perfect without needing any alterations, which is never the case esp since vintage jackets are oftentimes so boxy you need to do some nip/tuck to get a good shape.

today:
    [​IMG]

8. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Been quite busy for the last 10 days, you might understand why looking at the picture: Helmut Lang jeans, Brogden Track leather jacket [​IMG] !luc

9. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

[​IMG]

Wow. That is really excellent. I love the jacket. But those shoes are awesome.

10. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Been quite busy for the last 10 days, you might understand why looking at the picture:

Helmut Lange jeans, Brogden Track leather jacket

[​IMG]

!luc

You've taken to the streets and are spending most of your time collecting bottles for return in a baby carriage? [​IMG]

11. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Nudie RR DS
    cro-mags t-shirt from 1986
    cast hoodie
    vision stret wear shoes

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

cro-mags t-shirt from 1986

Did you actually see them in '86? First time I saw them was in '89 after John Joseph left and Harley was singing. It was the "Best Wishes" tour....but I wish I'd seen them when they had the original lineup. Age of Quarrel is essential!

13. jpgm

jpgm Senior member

gas woodstock jeans
    claude maus tshirt
    ymc velcro strap trainers

14. pwnzj00

pwnzj00 Active Member

nudie Slim Jim Dry black
    Arkunited tee (matches infrareds perfectly)
    Infrared 90s

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Wow, those Superfuture guys have some talent. That "take a picture of yourself in the mirror" thing is tough, especially with a crap camera like the one I'm obviously using (good one still not here.) Anyway, decided to go old school minimalist today: Helmut Lang hoodie in dark, dark brown - great cut (although a little stretched out right now) - relaxed but slim looking, acheived by having narrower shoulders and fitted neckline and absoluately tubular cut with no ribbed hem. Minimal details. ribbed cuffs and shoe string lace in hood. That's it. One of the best interlock hoodies I've seen (quality blows Rogues Gallery sweats out of the water, for example, and I like RG). Helmut Lang's ability to do superlative basics will be sorely missed. APC New standards. This is how the silhouette looks when the jeans are worn really loose, albeit I am a pretty slim guy (5'11", under 155 lbs, and wiry). Brown with brass buckle Engineered Garments belt. White with black Adidas Italias. I wish I could find a few more pairs... Freshly shaved head (Using a #1), but you can't see that. Of course, the picture is terrible, and excepting the belt and shoes, I could tell you I'm wearing pretty much anything, and you wouldn't be able to tell. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.