What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoony

Spoony Active Member

Huntsman, I have the same jacket but it's way too big for me, I really need a small (6'3" 125lbs). It's too bad though, I like the look of it a lot. Dont' really care for the plastic zipper but its one of the few peices of clothing from my pre-caring-about-what-I-wear stage (i bought it freshmen or sophmore year of highschool) that I still like. But if someone wants to trade me for a smaller but equally warm jacket I'd be up for that.

2. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Areth, the convenience thing is just an excuse. They really just think it's fashionable b/c everyone else does it. It's such a disgusting epidemic, everywhere you go in oc and la you see it. To me, it looks like you can't afford shoes.
    How else would you define fashion?

3. candle

candle Member

man i started a riot [​IMG] I just like the sandals because they're comfy, its hot here, and alot of people do it so it is pretty aceptable around my part of cali. nobody ever bats an eye. i think it looks kinda neat too, as the black chucks i woulda wore would have made the outfit too genaric. i'll post another outfit later tonight
    To me, it looks like you can't afford shoes.
    a good pair of sandals can cost almost as much as shoes! [​IMG]

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

Sorry bro, if I ever left the house like that when I was younger my mom would yell at me saying to put some shoes on because I looked homeless.

How else would you define fashion?

exactly [​IMG]

5. candle

candle Member

heres today. one of my standard outfits [​IMG] RVCA Shirt NIN Tour shirt Skagen Watch Levis canvas belt/Levis 527 Chucks discuss.

6. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I have a couple pairs of 527s, though you seem to wearing yours sized up once or twice. The bootcut's rather extreme for my tastes; I'm contemplating having them turned into straight legs or at least making the flare subtler, but I'm not sure they're even worth that.

That said, I don't think they fare too well being work sized up; the low rise and extreme flare get out of control when they don't fit as intended.

7. candle

candle Member

they're actualy my true size (32/32), i just wear my pants low and slouchy

8. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Wearing your pants low and slouchy is sizing up. Your true size is probably around 30, even if you don't own anything in it.

9. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

heres today. one of my standard outfits

[​IMG]

RVCA Shirt
    NIN Tour shirt
    Skagen Watch
    Levis canvas belt/Levis 527
    Chucks

discuss.

i agree. my hips where the 527's hang are 32 and i've only bought sz 30 527's, great jeans.

10. veggieman

veggieman Active Member

this is my first one posting...

[​IMG]

calvin klein sweater
    INC button down
    Diesel jeans
    reebok shoes

11. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

i agree. my hips where the 527's hang are 32 and i've only bought sz 30 527's, great jeans.
    I wish I liked mine more, but I found the washes (at least the ones I could find at Macy's at the time) bland and flat, and the massive flare doesn't help. The worst part was that of all the jeans I've had (everything from the Macy's 527s to J Crew to 1969s to Earnest Sewn), the only ones to ever wear through the fabric in the crotch were my 527s. And this wasn't exactly hard labor wear, either. Still, the slim fit at the waist and through the upper thigh is nicely cut.

12. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

My first post on this forum and in this thread and on a kind of "special" occasion. [​IMG]

I'm visiting SF now (I'm from Vancouver) and finally managed to buy myself some W+H and Wings & Horns stuff today, kind of ironic that I had to go all this way but I'm still happy. Anyway, here's what I was wearing today (put on the hoodie right after buying, since it was kind of chilly):

W+H Sleeveless hoodie
    Zara long sleeve t-shirt
    Nudie belt (not seen)
    Nudie RRDS (around 3 weeks of wear)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

You bought a sleeveless hoodie because it was cold?

14. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

You bought a sleeveless hoodie because it was cold?

I'm not in a habit of buying $130 stuff to solve a problem that will last a few hours, so NO. As I said, I bought the stuff becuase I wanted to, but since it was a bit colder I put it on right away. It's not like it was freezing.

15. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I wish I liked mine more, but I found the washes (at least the ones I could find at Macy's at the time) bland and flat, and the massive flare doesn't help. The worst part was that of all the jeans I've had (everything from the Macy's 527s to J Crew to 1969s to Earnest Sewn), the only ones to ever wear through the fabric in the crotch were my 527s. And this wasn't exactly hard labor wear, either. Still, the slim fit at the waist and through the upper thigh is nicely cut.

the old levis premium usa made 527's are still one of my favorite cuts, less bootleg and tighter fit. kind of like an updated 517 imo. and they sold them in one rinse. in fact even after they brought out the 517 to the general public they initially had a 1 rinse pair, i got one, that replaced the premium ones that i wore into the ground...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.