• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
tonight nudie gunnar aa sustainable v-neck turned into U sugar cane hawaii sc40400n clarks treks physical exhaustion changed into this after my office job to do some menial work-----------cleaning richer folks' homes.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
changed into this after my office job to do some menial work-----------cleaning richer folks' homes.

Hey, you gotta pay for them 'Canes.

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blenheimer
First post on this very inspiring thread/forum.

I've particularly enjoyed the contributions of Get Smart, Cultpop, Cheapmutha and Mike Lowrey among others.

Old H&M Tee
RT Retro Jacket
Autostorica driving gloves
Ageless and shapeless Levi's
Onitsuka Mexico '66
Utterly unreliable and largely uncool '65 MG B roadster

great first post

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Nicely done. What boots are those?

Thanks. The boots in the top pic are (black) milsurp combat boots. They're quite slender and not very chunky, so they might be fairly old. I got 'em from eBay, and after some serious polishing they've turned out to be quite nice.

The second pair are Frye Mason zips in Tan. It's a pretty dark tan, as you can see, but that's accentuated by the fact that I've used brown shoe polish on them before, though the last time was a while ago.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Thanks. The boots in the top pic are (black) milsurp combat boots. They're quite slender and not very chunky, so they might be fairly old. I got 'em from eBay, and after some serious polishing they've turned out to be quite nice. The second pair are Frye Mason zips in Tan. It's a pretty dark tan, as you can see, but that's accentuated by the fact that I've used brown shoe polish on them before, though the last time was a while ago.
Hm. What combat boots, specifically? There are so many out there that it's pretty hard to identify, especially from those small pictures. I've been looking for some good combat boots, but most of them are gigantic and unwearable for anything short of a Sunday stroll outside the Green Zone. And damn you for making me like the Masons. Those look much nicer than I thought they would.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Hm. What combat boots, specifically?
I couldn't tell you (not enough knowledge about it, and the eBay seller didn't know anything either, really). But I can provide you with bigger pics, if you'd like to take a closer look at them on my cluttered-ass desk. Dunno if these were the original soles; I'm taking them to get resoled soon in any case. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...mbatboots2.jpg http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...mbatboots1.jpg Hmmm. Photobucket seems to have auto-resized the pics. They were much bigger. At any rate, I'm not sure that'll help much.
And damn you for making me like the Masons. Those look much nicer than I thought they would.
I love 'em! I've had them for almost a year, and they're breaking in beautifully.

drake

Reaction score
Do they turn your socks yellow/orange like they do to mine?

Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I love 'em! I've had them for almost a year, and they're breaking in beautifully.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blenheimer

Do you know where to get more of those sneaks? I believe a thread from a few months ago indicated that they were impossible to find for less than $150. Hell, I -- and many others, I'm sure -- will take that colorway in Tai Chi or any other model.

Blenheimer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Do you know where to get more of those sneaks? I believe a thread from a few months ago indicated that they were impossible to find for less than $150. Hell, I -- and many others, I'm sure -- will take that colorway in Tai Chi or any other model.

Got these ages ago but similar color combos are apparently available here :http://www.classicsportsshoes.com/onitsukatiger.html

I suppose you could also try your luck with the authorized online shops mentionned on the Onitsuka website : http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/ap...emplate=search

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
waywt1020rh7.jpg

thrift tee
canes
blazers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads