What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

2. Soph

Soph Senior member

Yeah, I lift a lot too and am a somewhat bigger guy so I also can't fit into super skinny jeans, but I've been leaning a bit towards more traditional cuts like 501 repros lately. I tend to avoid a lot of small tennis shoes as well, I like wearing dressier shoes with jeans and have been playing with the looks somewhat. I like boots also but haven't been wearing them quite as often. Lately I've been experimenting with incorporating more formal pieces into casual outfits using pattern or texture to make a more formal outfit more casual. A lot of the time just substituting jeans into an outfit that could be worn to work just doesn't work cleanly, although sometimes it could.

If you're interested in expanding your more casual outfit a bit you could look at something like the 5EPs in straight or bootcut, both are cut pretty generously through the thighs and calves, while still maintaining a very clean look, with much better construction than anything you'll buy in a mall/dept store, made of great selvedge denim, arguably the best jeans made in the US. I believe they are a 1947 501 repro, so they have a slightly higher rise, the bootcut is lower rise but not quite to the degree of 7FAM or AG.

[​IMG]

As you can see from this picture, the bootcut is much more subtle while still being fairly sleek.

[​IMG]

The straight down is a bit higher rise.

[​IMG]

They also make the low down bootcut with mild distressing. I own and love these.

Thanks, I really like the softness/material of AG's. Perhaps I should throw these in the dryer and also perhaps I could tailor them down, although I 'm not sure I do not like them as is. Here is a more straight on stance of the AG's versus my angle foot previous shot. [​IMG]

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Thanks, I really like the softness/material of AG's. Perhaps I should throw these in the dryer and also perhaps I could tailor them down, although I 'm not sure I do not like them as is. Here is a more straight on stance of the AG's versus my angle foot previous shot. [​IMG]

Hmm, those are pretty flared and it looks like you are wearing them a little baggy. That isn't necessarily bad for a casual look but IMO it looks a little bit sloppy with a jacket. The worn version of the 5EPs are going to be quite soft, but still much better denim quality. I guess it's kind of a Attolini vs Brooks argument that I'm making in formalwear terms [​IMG] AGs are decent jeans, I own a few pairs that I'd wear for more casual outfits, like T-shirt/jeans etc, but generally I like to dress up my jeans to 5EP/Rag & Bone when I'm wearing them with blazers/jackets. Yes the one washes are going to be slightly more rigid and less soft than washed jeans, but you begin to like the look a lot more once you start wearing them, it's like wearing canvas suits vs fused [​IMG]

The RB1 would be another good jean to look at if you want something looser, Hefjina stocks Rag&Bone and I think they're actually in Chicago on N. Milwaukee so you may want to check them out.

http://www.hejfina.com/details.asp?t...gProductId=383

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Here's my interpretation of the look you were using in the picture from last night. Light blue Banana Republic polo Navy Brioni sport jacket 5EP Straight Zips AE Fairgates in Burgundy [​IMG] There's still a generous amount of room through the thighs and calves, but the jeans are much more fitted. There is a little more bunching at the feet but that isn't extra length, once you walk they flow well and break nearly perfectly to 1/2" above the floor with those shoes.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

Cult, I kinda like the shoes and they are much better than the vans so keep rockin them. I am a big fitted collared shirt guy myself as you guys will see soon.

Soph, outfit looks great but everyone's right the flarez gotta go. I was a big bootcut guy before also but once you get accustomed to straight legs you'll find they look much better. If you still need a bootcut, the rrds and 5eps drizz suggested are perfect. A boutique in LA sells 5ep almost exclusively and they are the perfect grown up jean imho.

6. Soph

Soph Senior member

7. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 I, Manface

8. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

DDML - Is that a PIL t-shirt? Nice!!

Cult - I'm diggin the new look! Western shirt is pimpin.

9. denimdestroyedmylife

yessir, it is!

got it from tg76 on supertalk.

LOVE PIL.

10. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

11. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Interesting buttons on that jacket derrick. is it LM?

12. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

number (n)ine, the buttons actually have a cobweb stamp on them. haha.

13. denimdestroyedmylife

coldrice, awesome. hard to do black/white without looking like yr a restaurant worker. very very very nice, dressy-ish, but effortless. makes me wish i had a better vocabulary----NICE FIT!

14. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 I, Manface

15. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

last night. [​IMG] vintage youngbloods western shirt
    Hey, I've got the same shirt (well, differently colorway)! I had mine slimmed down and it's one of my favourite shirts. a

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.