1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonick

sonick Senior member

[​IMG] More Hatebeasting; yet another cheapie Old Navy Jacket. And of course, faux-tuck only for the photo.
    Gap Scarf Gap Graphic Tee American Apparel Full-Zip Cali Hoodie Old Navy Harrington jacket Diesel Zathans Jack Purcells I swear to god it looks better than it sounds. Pics later today perhaps.

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Pink Band of Outsiders shirt with contrasting white collar
    Brown Harris Tweed Herringbone jacket
    Uniqlo Greenline raw selvage
    AE Fairgates

[​IMG]

3. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

Nice BOO shirt. I wish I could afford that crap but alas I can't so....[​IMG]

4. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

JC leather jacket
    Brioni polo
    LP jeans
    BJ belt
    Zegna socks
    BJ boots

5. Stylez

Stylez Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Custom White Blazer
    Ben Sherman Soho fit button up
    Fendie Belt
    Nudies Slim Jim Dry Black
    Hush Puppies

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Nice BOO shirt. I wish I could afford that crap but alas I can't so....[​IMG]

Yeah they're a bit pricey at retail, I actually picked this up for $75 from shopjake, but I've really liked this particular style for awhile, it's kind of an interesting take on the 80s power look but in a softer color and with a casual collar, still working on outfits that feature it though [​IMG]

7. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

[​IMG]

Custom White Blazer
    Ben Sherman Soho fit button up
    Fendie Belt
    Nudies Slim Jim Dry Black
    Hush Puppies

I think you are too slim for a slim jim... I think you would look awesome in dior.

8. shuguru314

shuguru314 Member

Stylez... nice outfit sir!
    but i would like to see the length of the blazer raised up a few inches

9. Studio27

Studio27 Senior member

drizzt don't take this the wrong way but it looks like you have some very unflattering lines there. it may be the angle but i'm seeing an "hourglass." problem is you're a dude! maybe it's tapered too high? again, it may be the angle. just noticed it though, and thought i would bring it to your attention

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

drizzt don't take this the wrong way but it looks like you have some very unflattering lines there. it may be the angle but i'm seeing an "hourglass." problem is you're a dude! maybe it's tapered too high? again, it may be the angle. just noticed it though, and thought i would bring it to your attention
    I went and checked it out again, and I think the skew due to the flap I mentioned and the angle of the picture does have something to do with it, but this jacket does have quite a bit of waist suppression compared to the traditional sack suit. It's possible it's designed to be worn unbuttoned more of the time, but I actually don't mind the suppression so much, I'll post a picture in a few minutes to illustrate what I mean. Ok, this is the jacket open: [​IMG] and this is it buttoned: [​IMG] I think the waist suppression doesn't necessarily look bad. It's a pretty classic look although it could be potentially a little extreme, not sure.

11. seanchai

seanchai Senior member

stylez, that's a nice look you've got there. Wrap a white sweater around your neck and you're the sartorial history of Paul Weller [​IMG]

I think tapered jeans would look better with that outfit though. Maybe some super-sized-down APC NSs or JR Calis.

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

The blazer is a nice fit drizzt. I think it's the angle of the photo and the pose (no offense) that's making it look a little awkward.

13. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I agree, I think it looks more natural when I'm walking around etc. I'll try to come up with some more natural poses but it's hard from the angle my counter is to the wall heh

14. candle

candle Member

wee.

[​IMG]

House of 1000 Corpses shirt (lol)
    Levis/Levis
    Rainbow

15. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

drizzt, yeah your pose is very unnatural. it's distracting and i can't concentrate on the clothes. try something not so rigid and upright with your arms sticking out. try contropossto! stylez. that blazer looks way long- i'm not sure if it actually is or if it's just in that particular outfit. i think it might be a problem when your blazer is longer than where your crotch of your jeans hang.

16. jet

jet Senior member

Wow, I really hate any kind of sandals. They have no business on a style forum either [​IMG]

17. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

I have to agree. No hate intended-----except towards the sandals themselves. The jeans are not flattering, either. Maybe they would look better with shoes, but the way they are pooling at the ankles is not good. And the crotch-codpiece-bunching is discouraging. The t-shirt fits! xcoldricex---that's good advice you've offered. also, that leather shirt is sick sick sick.

18. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I have to agree. No hate intended-----except towards the sandals themselves.

The jeans are not flattering, either. Maybe they would look better with shoes, but the way they are pooling at the ankles is not good. And the crotch-codpiece-bunching is discouraging.

The t-shirt fits!

xcoldricex---that's good advice you've offered. also, that leather shirt is sick sick sick.

I hate the sandals too. But I disagree about the fit of the jeans. It looks really natural to me, and thus, good. The bunching around the ankles, the slack around the crotch and the loose, relaxed thighs are all very consistent with either a grunge look or a California relaxed look, and that outfit could easily fit into either category. I find the juxtaposition of the easy fit of the jeans and the fitted tee really flattering, and a nice change up from the fitted silhouettes we've been seeing lately. But the sandals truly suck, imo. A pair of Chucks would be much better.

(BTW, I have jeans that range from super tight and low to jeans that are relaxed (but not as relaxed as candle's,) so I like both, though I think that jeans like Long Johns are a bit much, as are Ecko/Fubu fits.)

19. Lysol

Lysol Senior member

i'm gonna borrow from the both of you and say that i like the fit of the jeans, just don't like the color. way too "bro-ish".

20. nino

nino Well-Known Member

candle, i actually like the sandals. I have a pair of rainbows too and I wear them all the time. Sometimes its just a nice, warm, sunny day or I just dont feel like wearing shoes. Nothing wrong with sandals. I think some of these sandal haters just live in cold climates or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.