1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What are you wearing now - Styleoff II: Berlin Report vs. Lowrey

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jul 7, 2007.

1. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

Sauce, you're post just went over mine...The fabric of that hoodie is beautiful. Its a thick, slubby cotton washed to oblivion. It actually has another layer (t-shirt) in the same fabric that goes over it with a print of an eagle in the back which I thought was a little dated so I decided to go without it. The trench is teal blue/green cotton with metal fibres.

2. whodini

whodini Senior member

Thanks for all the kind comments gentlemen. I really appreciate it. After all, I spent all night thinking about what kind of gloom I can come up with.[​IMG]
    The cuffs--- thought they might be too much with the trench but I think they're okay since they're not bootcuts although they're definitely prancing on that thin line of does-that-really-work?
    The hoodie and the trench are leftovers from my days at the Firma Flagship Store. I worked there for a few years before opening my own shop this spring. The trench was a present from one of the designers. Both are from two winters ago when they did a kind of gothic/military collection. Fok, remember when I first joined and had you guys critique the website and the collection?
    Lowrie, I love your fit.

It's odd but when I saw that pic this morning it looked a bit gothic mixed with military. I figured it was some East German trench modded a bit. Go figure... Had to ask but have you seen "Goodbye, Lenin!"?

3. asobu

asobu Senior member

Lowrey is probably my favorite poster of all on these boards, mostly because he dresses just like I wish I could, and they way his clothes fit him is just perfect every single time. But Berlin Report just hit me with what could be the best overall fit/photo I've seen here, ever. At least it's up there in the top. So BR gets my vote.

4. lowrey

lowrey Senior member

wow seems like I'm getting murdered here, too bad I didnt have time to grab a new pic for this [​IMG]

I can definately understand the general consensus here being more towards berlin's style than mine, so its all good [​IMG]

5. asobu

asobu Senior member

lowrey: although, if you had chosen the Berlin (haha!) picture I quoted in WAYWN (raf - attachment - visvim) it would have gone perfect with gloomy days and that pic is perfect in every way, so I think I would've been forced to vote for you. Alas, you already posted it, so I guess you couldn't do it again.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Wow...

Well, vote, vote vote. Either to help Lowrey and stage a comeback, or help Berlin Report nail this one down tight.

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Ich bin ein Berliner [​IMG]

8. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

Ich bin ein Berliner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. dusty

dusty Senior member

Got to go with lowrey. Both look great, but Berlin's wide cuffs are jarring while all lowrey's stuff is technically perfect.

10. LA Guy

Alright people. Berlin takes it in a landslide. Very nice both of you, but Berlin, that was awesome. Truly [​IMG] Lots of disparate elements that came together nicely, imo. I actually like that more than something that is more conventionally coherent (although my outfit today can be easily categorized as "typical hipster doofus."

Peasant will be in touch shortly.

Cheers,

Fok.

11. LA Guy

Ich bin ein Berliner

[​IMG]

This is crap. There is not enough jelly in that donut. I mean, you don't want it too full up, but every second bit should have jelly in it. I had a Verna's donut (I'm sure the Bostonians know what I am talking about) and their donuts are much, much better.

12. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

This is crap. There is not enough jelly in that donut.
    I remember going to france when I was 10 or 11 or something and discovering the difference between a chocolate croissant and a pain au chocolat. Fully loaded vs. one or two strips.

13. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

This is crap. There is not enough jelly in that donut. I mean, you don't want it too full up, but every second bit should have jelly in it. I had a Verna's donut (I'm sure the Bostonians know what I am talking about) and their donuts are much, much better.

Sorry dood, it was the first picture of a berliner that I came across on Google. Next time I'll make sure to find one with some more jelly.