• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing in 10 years?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
so how do you see your style in 10 years? what are you wearing now that you can see yourself in as you get older, or what do you think you'll be buying/wearing that you aren't now?

keeping in mind that a LOT of people change their body type over a decade, as well as changes in profession and lifestyle...

Lysol

Reaction score
i will be very disappointed in my life if i'm not living in the south and wearing linen suits everyday.

but honestly, the only thing i can see myself not doing in 10 years is wearing jeans to do anything other than change my oil and walk the dog. i sure hate to sound like i should be posting on AAAC but it's the one aspect of my style that i hope to change as i get older. anyone can put together a decent looking outfit with denim, to do it with just about anything else takes much more sophistication.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol
but honestly, the only thing i can see myself not doing in 10 years is wearing jeans to do anything other than change my oil and walk the dog. i sure hate to sound like i should be posting on AAAC but it's the one aspect of my style that i hope to change as i get older. anyone can put together a decent looking outfit with denim, to do it with just about anything else takes much more sophistication.

You might think that, but I bet if you saw some of the guys on AAAC try to put together an outfit with denim, you'd alter your statement.
smile.gif

I hope I'm integrating patterns and playing with fabrics more. The fabrics especially, as that would cost more than I can currently afford to spend on clothing, and hopefully that'd be less of a problem ten years from now.

Reaction score
bifocals with a chain
moth-eaten henley shirt
pleated pants with an elasticated waistband
anti-gravity tassel loafers

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
You might think that, but I bet if you saw some of the guys on AAAC try to put together an outfit with denim, you'd alter your statement.

haha. touche.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, this is a great thread. my only hope is that i can still look fairly decent in a pair of jeans. and if i have a beer belly, please shoot me.

-Jeff

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol
i will be very disappointed in my life if i'm not living in the south and wearing linen suits everyday.

and seersucker with white bucks!!!

-Jeff

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bespoke suits, shirts & shoes, jeans I bought 10 years ago, hoodies I bought 10 years ago.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
A suit and coffin.

Either that, or old button-ups with my kids' spit-up stains all over them.

God I hope it's the coffin.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
God I hope it's the coffin.

Man, you must love life.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In 10 years, the conversion to rocker will be complete:
black leather motorcycle jacket with badass fringes that look so ace when I'm ridin'
white scarf
black leather shitkicker boots
righteous DA haircut
denim, denim, more denim
baseball bat for beating in mods and other wankers

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
In 10 years, the conversion to rocker will be complete:
black leather motorcycle jacket with badass fringes that look so ace when I'm ridin'
white scarf
black leather shitkicker boots
righteous DA haircut
denim, denim, more denim
baseball bat for beating in mods and other wankers

why wait 10 years? sounds like you can do that now
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

and you only need a whiffle bat to beat in mods
boxing[1].gif

StevenRocks

Reaction score
As long as it's not a body bag, I don't worry about it
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I think it'll be a lot like what I wear now, though hopefully of better quality.

tangerine

Reaction score
I will still be trying to break in all the denim I bought during the last six months (provided my waist hasn't expanded too much.)

I'm curious to see what my shoes and jackets will be like, though; those change more than anything else in my wardrobe.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
anyone see their current style as a "youth phase" and can realistically see themself replacing it with something more in line with the Men's Clothing forum ie:Edward Green/C&J/Lobb shoes...Borelli/Isaia/Kiton/Brioni suits...etc you get the idea...? Do you think your streetwear obsessions will translate into "menswear" obsessions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads