• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing in 10 years?

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
anyone see their current style as a "youth phase" and can realistically see themself replacing it with something more in line with the Men's Clothing forum ie:Edward Green/C&J/Lobb shoes...Borelli/Isaia/Kiton/Brioni suits...etc you get the idea...? Do you think your streetwear obsessions will translate into "menswear" obsessions?

I don't think my streetwear obsessions will ever evolve into menswear obsessions. I think they are two different branches on the fashion tree, with minor intermixing. Shoes maybe the only thing that really cross over (and only particular styles too). People who are not required to wear suits (a great deal these days) won't have enough exposure to it obssess over it.

Reaction score
i see that transformation happening already. i have a fledgling interest in nice shoes, and button-front shirts. suits are a way off still, but i wouldn't say out of the question.

the jeans stay in the picture, methinks

Lysol

Reaction score
anyone see their current style as a "youth phase" and can realistically see themself replacing it with something more in line with the Men's Clothing forum ie:Edward Green/C&J/Lobb shoes...Borelli/Isaia/Kiton/Brioni suits...etc you get the idea...? Do you think your streetwear obsessions will translate into "menswear" obsessions?
in a nutshell yes, but i don't know if it's in rebellion of my "youth phase" so much as it is a rebellion of the fashion of contemporary society (see, even that thought pattern shows i still think very much like a child
wink.gif
). when i was younger i would scour thrift stores for vintage levis and wranglers and trade records for old band t-shirts because my contemporaries were were into cargo khakis and union bay. these days "premium denim" (true religion, sevens, et al) is basically formalwear in most cities and circles in america and i feel that, ya know, i might be wearing the more obscure, better constructed, fanboy version of jeans but when you get down to brass tacks, i'm still wearing jeans out to the restaurant like everyone else. i find the styling of many of the brands discussed on men's clothing to still be too stuffy for my tastes but i'd be lying if i said i didn't research suits and dress shoes all day long.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Per my future profession, I'm hoping it'll be some nice Incotex pants, some nice ties, and a comfortable, form-fitting shirt. Several doctors I know in LA are already sporting the Crocs because "they're so comfortable" but I'm hoping I'll stay away from those trends. Not a lot of people are going to notice my shoes, though, if I'm in scrubs all day long.

I hope to stick with dry denim, though. Dark denim seems pretty timeless and classy. I don't want to be going to those Kmart special Wranglers anytime soon.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope that I will have the same freedom to dress as I like as I do now. Many of my tees have already been phased out, due to changing tastes, but I still wear some with tasteful hoodies and jeans and imagine that I'll do so in the future. More suits and ties, or rather, worn with greater regularity, but with the same appreciation of colours, patterns, less usual detailing, and similar fit (though probably a bit looser).

Tabris

Reaction score
More suits and scrubs. Preferably bespoke suits if I can afford them.

Or hobo attire. My life could go either way.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heaven only knows. That puts me at sixty-one. If I get there, it's likely I'll be wearing looser waists, and diapers.
oldman-1.gif

drake

Reaction score
I started this transition last year. I used to wear denim all the time but I have started having woolen odd-trousers and dress shirts made. I would say I'm still 80-20 on the street wear side still but as time goes on it will probably flip to 30-70 with the weight being on more dress clothing.

What I don't see myself wearing is more fashiony denim like Sevens or dressing like the geezers on AAAC. Probably more of a conservative fashony look, I don't know if that makes sense.

but I'll totally still rock my APCs even when I'm a geezer
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
To me, I have a penchant for the finer stuff but it will be completely separate from my casual dress since it will mostly be for work.

I already started the change into more basic yet stylish pieces that should withstand the test of time. Jeans, why not, dark classic denim will never go out of style as someone mentioned. The fabrics will be nicer, the cuts better and dare I say the styles a little more opulent. Right now I already have some high end pieces (streetwear-wise) and it can't get much better than that. Lots of unique pants, all sorts patterned, pinstriped, plain everything so the theory would be the same just the application a little more diverse.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I can already see it happening, and I'm only 31. I love t-shirts, jeans and sneakers, but after a while, some things don't work as well. I would have never considered some of the better menswear brands when I was younger, but in a few years I'll be all about them..

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SOLID TRAD

No I am not joking

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Bespoke suits, shirts & shoes, jeans I bought 10 years ago, hoodies I bought 10 years ago.

+1

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why wait 10 years? sounds like you can do that now
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

and you only need a whiffle bat to beat in mods
boxing[1].gif

It's all that not getting laid that's increasing his aggressive tendencies.
crackup[1].gif

My bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads