• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what are you watching?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Any other suggestions? I'm trying to stick to really gory, poorly made horror movies.
Re-Animator and Bride or Reanimator Hellraiser The whole series, but Hellraiser II is by far the best if you like cheesy gore IMO. If you want more disturbing gore/terror/horror, let me know.
smile.gif

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
If you want more disturbing gore/terror/horror, let me know.
smile.gif

Oh, I do... I do.

I'm no horror movie fanatic, but October just calls for scary movies. I have a pretty strong stomach, so let me know if there is any intense/obscure stuff that I might be able to find.

Finished watching Dead Alive last night. Incredibly gorey, but all the cheesy comedy killed any sort of creepiness that would accompany such carnage. I was thinking of watching the original Sleepaway Camp or Dawn of the Dead, but I'll give Reanimator and the Hellraisers a shot. I've seen a couple Hellraiser movies, but they seemed a bit tame. Maybe I'll just go for the second.

Just downloaded Zombieland and Hellboy 2 for a little levity.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh, I do... I do. I'm no horror movie fanatic, but October just calls for scary movies. I have a pretty strong stomach, so let me know if there is any intense/obscure stuff that I might be able to find.
Japan: Organ fits the bill and Naked Blood is also pretty good. If you are ever into watching simulated snuff films like August Underground, and want to see what's probably the best one ever, check out Flowers of Flesh and Blood Charlie Sheen recieved a bootleg copy in the early 90's and he turned it into the FBI, thinking it was real. They investigated. Not real. Doesn't really look all that real. Still disturbing **** though for someone not ready for it. The Italians are pretty good too. Check out some of Lucio Fulci's stuff, like The Beyond, and A Cat In the Brain.

ShaunB

Reaction score
Just finished watching The Taking of Pelham 123, pretty good flick 8/10.
Now watching Public Enemies, decent so far.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Japan: Organ fits the bill and Naked Blood is also pretty good. If you are ever into watching simulated snuff films like August Underground, and want to see what's probably the best one ever, check out Flowers of Flesh and Blood Charlie Sheen recieved a bootleg copy in the early 90's and he turned it into the FBI, thinking it was real. They investigated. Not real. Doesn't really look all that real. Still disturbing **** though for someone not ready for it. The Italians are pretty good too. Check out some of Lucio Fulci's stuff, like The Beyond, and A Cat In the Brain.
I should have known that Japanese films would have been a good option. Ever see Housu? I found a clip online and it seemed really odd. In a good way. I'm not all that interested in the simulated snuff films. They don't have any plot, so it's hard to see the film as anything more than an exposition in special effects. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Flowers of Flesh and Blood was also called Guinea Pig 2? Caught part of that somewhere online. Definitely gruesome, it can get old. Thought the Charlie Sheen story was hilarious though. And good call on the Italian films, I'll have to check those out. I saw Dario Argento's Suspiria a couple years ago and it blew my mind. The opening death scene was fantastic. One of the best I've ever seen.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This week I watched:

Big Man Japan, The Hit, Brazil, Alien Raiders, Desperado, Broken Arrow, Summer Lovers, Pandorum, and Tokyo Story.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ever see Housu?

They just played it last week at one of my fav. Independent cinemas here in Seattle. Nearly went.

David Watts

Reaction score
Just finished The Friends of Eddie Coyle. Excellent Boston gangster flick from the 70's. Filmed entirely on location. Starring Robert Mitchum, Peter Boyle, and the guy that played Moe Greene in The Godfather. Directed by Peter Yates, who was responsible for some other classics like Bullit, The Hot Rock, The Deep, Breaking Away, and Krull. TFoEC was also mildly ripped off by Tarantino for Jackie Brown. I love 70's films in general, especially those as severely underrated as this one (or 92 in the Shade).
thumbs-up.gif

Hayling

Reaction score
Just watched two New Orleans Hurricane Katrina based crime drama movies over the weekend:

The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans (Nicolas Cage, Val Kilmer) -- great movie! Nicolas Cage has an excellent performance (for Nick Cage) and the plot is great. Def. worth checking out.

Streets of Blood (Val Kilmer, Sharon Stone, 50 Cent) -- Sucked ass. The performances were terrible and the dialogue was crap. Suprisingly, 50 Cent was pretty good. Val Kilmer & Sharon Stone's attempt at southern accents were pretty bad.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Short Documentary on Hashima Island, which was once the most densly populated place on earth, now a ghost town.

I hear that as of this year, a small portion of the island reopened to tourism. I'll have to check it out someday.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Grease 2
Silent Hill
Tremors

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads