• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you thankful for?

vero_group

Reaction score
It's Thanksgiving Day. When it comes to fashion, what are you thankful for?

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pinstripes. They're just... awesome.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm thankful for this forum, as it has given me a place to discuss the clothes that i like and to discover new clothes as well. most of my friends dress like slobs, or do all their shopping at banana republic/armani exchange because it's safe. it's great to have a place to discuss men's clothes.

i'm also thankful for every article of clothing i have.
have a safe thanksgiving everyone.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah, only on this forum would we find such a topic. Well, here's what i'm thankful for:

- coming back alive from the war in Iraq
- my wife, and her constant support
- our new house (with walk in closet just for me.)
- Brioni
- Volvo European Motorcars
- Oxxford sportcoats
- Luigi Borelli shirts
- Coffee

Boulevardier

Reaction score
I am thankful for this forum and for the great people and neat stores that I have discovered in the last year.

js1023

Reaction score
eBay, and Paper Denim & Clothing for making me to wear jeans again.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
- coming back alive from the war in Iraq

Amen to that.

- Luigi Borelli shirts

Amen to that, too. If the shoes aren't my undoing, the Borrelli shirts certainly will be.

Zubberah

Reaction score
the freedom to wear what i wanmt when i want and how i want and not be constricted by "rules".

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cashmere
Mechanical watches
Chelsea boots
Bumble & Bumble Sumo Wax
Bluefly
The death of the square-toed shoe fad

greg

Reaction score
black turtlenecks
cartier santos
a mohair suit
a pinstriped suit
a suede jacket
john lobbs
friends
family
health
contentment

Nektopoli

Reaction score
I remember buying my first suit, it was 1987 or 1988 and I just started working at a bank as a teller and needed a suit. I was 21 and still living under the close eye of my parents. On that day, I headed out to Woodies to pick out a suit with my mother. I eventually found one I like and took it up to the counter to get a few shirts and ties. I salesman comment on my selection say it was one of their best suits (what did I know). And, off I went. A few days later, after I had retrieved the suit after alteration had been completed I was talking to my (at the time) girlfriend and mention that I had bought a suit. She asked me who the designer was, not knowing much more then I liked the was the suit looked I had to check inside the jacket, the tag sewed inside said MANI by Giorgio Armani. I told her, she being much more fashion savvy then I, went silent for a few second and then ask me when she was going to get to see me wearing it.

Anyway I'll post pic of the two MANI suit I have laying around(both of which do not fit) when I get a chance.

NP

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads