What Are You Saying Today? (AKA The Random Thoughts/Blogging Thread)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fade to Black, May 20, 2008.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

What about that old lady, the Peninsula?

2. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

ahh can't believe i overlooked that one. The Peninsula is a classic...i remember in my college days when i came home for summer i would sometimes go there for high tea, grab a cigar from Davidoff and chill out in the lobby cafe...back when u could still smoke indoors there. Good times.

3. padronlover

padronlover Senior member

what's the name of the blue sea pokemon that closely resembles fade to black w/ those glasses?

someone posted a pic as well as its name but a mod deleted the post[​IMG]

4. Fade to Black

haha looks like i struck a nerve.

that was my main man Uncontrol who posted that...

5. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

what's the name of the blue sea pokemon that closely resembles fade to black w/ those glasses?

someone posted a pic as well as its name but a mod deleted the post[​IMG]

Why would a mod delete a post of a Pokemon?

Was it deemed NSFW?

K

6. Fade to Black

nah i requested it to be taken down i thought Uncontrol was tryin to sneak a personal attack...i admit it was a bit sensitive of me. Uncontrol is good peoples.

7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Gay guys just call it "hello".

8. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

There are these goddamn pair of blue jays that go apeshit whenever my cat is outside. They are so loud, obnoxious, and persistent! I've got a bushel-full of wine corks that I keep throwing at them to scare them off - like I said: persistent.

9. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

gay guys probably just call it "sex."

other hotels in HK? If you're looking for hotels of that level i think those are pretty much the top few...there's the Island Shangri La which is always grand but for some reason everytime im there its kinda empty. Intercontinental in TST which houses Nobu as well as the Alain Ducasse (who i think is overrated) eateries. Never stepped foot in that one though.

id stay away from the JW Marriott...its technically a 5 star hotel but i dunno service and quality there (judging from bars/food) strikes me as very mediocre and overpriced.

in mong kok there is the langham...seems like a fancy/pricey hotel (i have only been to their spa and prices are bloody outrageous). It's adjacent to a pretty sketchy part of town and also as soon as you walk out the door you are flanked by the most densely populated neighborhood in the world, so you might take that into consideration.

and of course if your interests lie in "other pursuits" there's always the Emperor hotel in Happy Valley.

hope this helps.

planning a trip to HK soon?

Yeah, Langham. An agent was recommending this to me before, but I don't like Mong Kok specially when the streets become one big market at night. I'm also looking at the Peninsula, and some others. Yup, planning another return, this time with the wife, whom I promise to at least give a hotel upgrade this time, so the 3 stars like Excelsior, Park Lane and Marco Polo are out. If we go through with this, I'm probably going round August or September.

And Happy Valley, eh? You know I've heard so much about the Happy in Happy Valley, but I haven't been there.

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

gay guys probably just call it "sex."

other hotels in HK? If you're looking for hotels of that level i think those are pretty much the top few...there's the Island Shangri La which is always grand but for some reason everytime im there its kinda empty. Intercontinental in TST which houses Nobu as well as the Alain Ducasse (who i think is overrated) eateries. Never stepped foot in that one though.

id stay away from the JW Marriott...its technically a 5 star hotel but i dunno service and quality there (judging from bars/food) strikes me as very mediocre and overpriced.

in mong kok there is the langham...seems like a fancy/pricey hotel (i have only been to their spa and prices are bloody outrageous). It's adjacent to a pretty sketchy part of town and also as soon as you walk out the door you are flanked by the most densely populated neighborhood in the world, so you might take that into consideration.

and of course if your interests lie in "other pursuits" there's always the Emperor hotel in Happy Valley.

hope this helps.

planning a trip to HK soon?

I thought that The Peninsula was the place to stay, no?

Jon.

11. Brad

Brad Senior member

What does "YMMV" mean?

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

13. Brad

Brad Senior member

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Thanks, me.

[​IMG]

Actually, you can thank Piobaire. As middle-aged and fogeyish as he is, he had to school "us" in internet-speak a while back.

15. Brad

Brad Senior member

[​IMG]

Actually, you can thank Piobaire.

Alright, sir.