• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you really wearing?

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4+
Prada
Dolce and Gabbana
James Perse
Theory
BoO
Paul Smith (shoes included)
Lots of Lacoste, RL, and Burberry polos
J.Crew

Currently I am trying to branch out and get variety of pieces.

erbs

Reaction score
3+

45rpm
Brooks Brothers
Uniqlo
JCrew

My wardrobe is pretty small and focused right now, which is fine with me.

piper

Reaction score
Boxers from Marshall's, a BB t-shirt, cheap cashmere socks and old pair of Alden #8 shell cordovan long wings.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay I just counted, - and not counting SOCKS, TEES, BOXERS OR TIES - I OWN 47 THINGS FROM J.CREW

Does anyone have me beat?

If I add in Just Tee shirts I at about 70 J.Crew Items

If I add in the rest I am at about 80 J.Crew Items

VIVA J.CREW

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only designer that I own at least 3 pieces of is W+H.

benchan

Reaction score
3+
Ralph Lauren(blue label blazer/jackets, sport shirts)
Club Monaco(blazer, pants, shirts)
Hare/Rageblue(affordable japanese brand---a few plaid shirts and jacket)
Gant(sportshirts)
Jantzen(dress shirts)
Lacoste(polo)
Zara(best RTW suit for my built)
Pal Zileri(decent italian suit but no logner in my active rotation)

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
3+

RL
Incotex
Nike
J. Crew
Banana Republic
Burberry
Fred Perry
BoO
W+H
R&B

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Okay I just counted, - and not counting SOCKS, TEES, BOXERS OR TIES - I OWN 47 THINGS FROM J.CREW

Does anyone have me beat?

If I add in Just Tee shirts I at about 70 J.Crew Items

If I add in the rest I am at about 80 J.Crew Items

VIVA J.CREW

this is impressive... <3 J.Crew
**** them for not offering 15% off for students anymore. well, most sale items at least.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently moved, which means that everything in storage, or that was just at the bottom of a pile, got a look. We talk about certain brands here, and I was just wondering how many of you actually follow through, and support the brands you like with purchases. What brands do you have more than 3 items of clothing from? Sort of shows personal evolution too. Yes, Fuuma, I ripped this idea off of an SZ thread you started.

1. Engineered Garments - fleeces and outerwear and belts- 3 belts and about 6 other pieces.
2. Jil Sander - a little under a dozen pieces, I think. Shirts, ties, some footwear, and then a lot of older stuff from when Menichetti was at the menswear helm. Really, imo, the best men's collections were towards the beginning of the menwear's 1997 debut. Really was more Jil. These days, I don't buy anything from Jil except for the basic shirts, which still come in really nice colors and cuts, and which I wear mostly for interviews, presentations, etc...
3. Martin Margiela - a bunch of teeshirts, a belt, some outerwear.
4. Costume National - lots of shirts, some outerwear, a few pairs pants, some boots - maybe 8 things?
5. Wings+Horns - ridiculous numbers of fleeces, knits, pullovers, light "jackets". A couple of pair of jeans. Scarves. I must have about 2 dozen pieces over the last few years.
6. Robert Geller - Outerwear and accessories and a couple of sweatshirts.
7. Common Projects - I think that I have 7 pairs now, nearly all below wholesale. I wonder if their model is viable. They always seem to be on sale, and I know that some retailers are dialing back on their CP buys.
8. The Cast - used to be my favorite graphics tee shirt and hoodie brand. About 3 or 4 things.
9. RRL - jeans, light layering tops.
10. Krane - actually, I only have a jacket and a bag right now, but I have another jacket ordered.
11. Kicking Mule Workshop - henleys, jeans and a belt (high in the rotation these days, is the belt).
12. John Varvatos - Leather from early on, and a piece of outerwear too. These days, just basics on deep, deep discount. Sort of follows the trajectory of the brand.
13. Paper Denim and Cloth - may it RIP.
14. Prada - tons of shirts. Used to be my go to "slim shirt" which are pretty relaxed by today's crazy standards.
15. Nice Collective. I know that this brands gets a lot of flack, but it has been doing the frayed or raw edged, washed, military inspired stuff for at least 8 years now. Lots of off seasons, but when they stick to their strengths, the brand is solid.
16. Nom de Guerre - typically, the most disappointing purchases are from Nom de Guerre. I really like the pieces, but they really don't hold up as well as they look like they should, and do wierd things in the wash. And lately, I'm really not liking the outerwear as much as I did earlier. Krane does a superior job in similar styles and colors, and is more inventive to boot.
17. Nike
18. Adidas
19. Puma Miharas
Not even going to comment on how many pairs of kicks I have.

You guys (I know that Fuuma, Socal, and Phat Guido must have good lists.)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
crackup[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads