1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What are you really wearing?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Jul 24, 2009.

1. ZackyBoy

ZackyBoy Senior member

3+

RL
    Incotex
    Nike
    J. Crew
    Banana Republic
    Burberry
    Fred Perry
    BoO
    W+H
    R&B

2. djh

djh Senior member

Okay I just counted, - and not counting SOCKS, TEES, BOXERS OR TIES - I OWN 47 THINGS FROM J.CREW

Does anyone have me beat?

If I add in Just Tee shirts I at about 70 J.Crew Items

If I add in the rest I am at about 80 J.Crew Items

VIVA J.CREW

this is impressive... <3 J.Crew
    fuck them for not offering 15% off for students anymore. well, most sale items at least.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I recently moved, which means that everything in storage, or that was just at the bottom of a pile, got a look. We talk about certain brands here, and I was just wondering how many of you actually follow through, and support the brands you like with purchases. What brands do you have more than 3 items of clothing from? Sort of shows personal evolution too. Yes, Fuuma, I ripped this idea off of an SZ thread you started.

1. Engineered Garments - fleeces and outerwear and belts- 3 belts and about 6 other pieces.
    2. Jil Sander - a little under a dozen pieces, I think. Shirts, ties, some footwear, and then a lot of older stuff from when Menichetti was at the menswear helm. Really, imo, the best men's collections were towards the beginning of the menwear's 1997 debut. Really was more Jil. These days, I don't buy anything from Jil except for the basic shirts, which still come in really nice colors and cuts, and which I wear mostly for interviews, presentations, etc...
    3. Martin Margiela - a bunch of teeshirts, a belt, some outerwear.
    4. Costume National - lots of shirts, some outerwear, a few pairs pants, some boots - maybe 8 things?
    5. Wings+Horns - ridiculous numbers of fleeces, knits, pullovers, light "jackets". A couple of pair of jeans. Scarves. I must have about 2 dozen pieces over the last few years.
    6. Robert Geller - Outerwear and accessories and a couple of sweatshirts.
    7. Common Projects - I think that I have 7 pairs now, nearly all below wholesale. I wonder if their model is viable. They always seem to be on sale, and I know that some retailers are dialing back on their CP buys.
    8. The Cast - used to be my favorite graphics tee shirt and hoodie brand. About 3 or 4 things.
    9. RRL - jeans, light layering tops.
    10. Krane - actually, I only have a jacket and a bag right now, but I have another jacket ordered.
    11. Kicking Mule Workshop - henleys, jeans and a belt (high in the rotation these days, is the belt).
    12. John Varvatos - Leather from early on, and a piece of outerwear too. These days, just basics on deep, deep discount. Sort of follows the trajectory of the brand.
    13. Paper Denim and Cloth - may it RIP.
    14. Prada - tons of shirts. Used to be my go to "slim shirt" which are pretty relaxed by today's crazy standards.
    15. Nice Collective. I know that this brands gets a lot of flack, but it has been doing the frayed or raw edged, washed, military inspired stuff for at least 8 years now. Lots of off seasons, but when they stick to their strengths, the brand is solid.
    16. Nom de Guerre - typically, the most disappointing purchases are from Nom de Guerre. I really like the pieces, but they really don't hold up as well as they look like they should, and do wierd things in the wash. And lately, I'm really not liking the outerwear as much as I did earlier. Krane does a superior job in similar styles and colors, and is more inventive to boot.
    17. Nike
    18. Adidas
    19. Puma Miharas
    Not even going to comment on how many pairs of kicks I have.

You guys (I know that Fuuma, Socal, and Phat Guido must have good lists.)

4. dusty

dusty Senior member

5. jet

jet Senior member

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

Hay Fok, google much?

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Apparently, I do not know how to use the search function. Shiiit. I'll just merge the threads.

8. Largo

Largo Senior member

Man, this is pretty fascinating. Going with the 3 and up rule... Rogan-Hoodies and denim Ever-No love here, but I have a decent amount of their outerwear and some shirts. Gilded Age Rag & Bone-A few shirts Steven Alan-Shirts Nice Collective-Outerwear, some shirts Uniqlo-Basics and the OC Collab suit Trovata-I seem to pick up random pieces from them on discount Diesel-They do make the occasional non-offensive shirt and/or jacket, and my wife used to love them so I have a fair amount from back when. Some PS boots, a shit-ton of Onitsuka Tigers, and a whole bunch of random one-pieces from various brands. Weird, I didn't think I gravitated towards the brands I did.

9. cadillac37

cadillac37 Senior member

j. crew
    j. press
    uniqlo
    brooks brothers
    clarks
    levis
    woolrich
    hanes

10. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

EG
    Gitman
    Alexander Olch
    Ralph Lauren
    Sugar Cane
    Alden

11. dyzfunctioned

dyzfunctioned Senior member

H&amp;M
    Hanes
    AA
    Gap
    Zara

12. dusty

dusty Senior member

Okay I just counted, - and not counting SOCKS, TEES, BOXERS OR TIES - I OWN 47 THINGS FROM J.CREW Does anyone have me beat? If I add in Just Tee shirts I at about 70 J.Crew Items If I add in the rest I am at about 80 J.Crew Items VIVA J.CREW
    I thought I was bad, but I probably only have 50-55 items total. Wonder what Robert has.

13. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

More than 3 items:
    Gap
    American Apparel
    J. Crew
    Band of Outsiders
    Banana Republic
    Black Fleece
    Michael J Krell
    Converse

14. struckbyaparkedcar

struckbyaparkedcar Member

My closet is all:
    Polo
    JCrew
    LL Bean

combined with assorted band shirts and Levis.

15. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Carhartt
    LL Bean
    Eddie Bauer (great old oxford that I've had forever and love to death...just had to patch the elbows)
    Jean Shop
    Alden
    Russell Moccasin
    Converse
    Smart Wool (love their socks)
    Polo
    Filson

Come winter you can add Barbour to the list as I have three sweaters and a Beaufort jacket that I wear all the time.

16. ennui

ennui Senior member

This thread partially inspired me to actually take an inventory of my wardrobe. It was enlightening and saddening. I now have a spreadsheet and a better idea of what holes are in my wardrobe and what I should be getting rid of. The main lessons I have taken away from this is that I need to stop wasting money at the mall, and that I need to purge my wardrobe mercilessly.

I did not count accessories or shoes in this post, though I do have those in my spreadsheet.

Way too many:

22 - Calvin Klein - anything tagged with a "Calvin Klein" or "CK", mostly casuals that don't fit that well)
    20 - J. Crew - too many knits
    14 - Banana Republic - the only thing I really like are the sportcoats, and even then only for the price when on discount; the rest of these need to be purged
    12 - Club Monaco - almost all of these are shirts in XS, mostly for work
    9 - Ben Sherman - fits my frame well, though again I need to purge some of these
    7 - Random Korean Brand - need to keep some of these around for the in-laws since they were gifts from them

The rest:
    5 - Ralph Lauren
    4 - Ungaro
    4 - Express Mens
    4 - Ted Baker
    3 - Theory
    3 - Tommy Hilfiger
    2 - Brooks Brothers
    2 - DKNY
    2 - Hugo Boss
    2 - Zanella
    1 - Claiborne
    1 - Dolce and Gabbana
    1 - Ballantyne
    1 - FCUK
    1 - Alfani
    1 - Adidas
    1 - Cole Haan
    1 - Gap
    1 - Incotex
    1 - Zegna

17. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

RRL
    RLBL
    RLPL
    PRL

i love the polo outlet [​IMG]

18. Geste

Geste Senior member

Prada; Dolce &amp; Gabbana; Gucci; Calvin Klein; Tommy Hilfiger; Salvage: PRL; RRL; RLPS; RLX; Varvotos; Raf Simon; W+H; EG; Nudie; PRPS; Versace; Timberland; APC; TBC; Botega Veneta; True Religion; Stitches; R&amp;B; Chimala; FP; Josh Podoll; Michael Kors; Crates; Warren Bennis &amp; Susan Edwards; Brioni; Burberry; BoO; Johnson Motors; KMW; Tom Ford; Stephano Ricci; Guess; Cole Haan; Sportiva; To Boot NY; Jil Sanders; Corpus; TODDS; Johnston &amp; Murphy; WWM; Hugo Boss;....Hell, there's too many items! After spending six-yrs in Europe and shoppping at Farinelli's - not mentioning other major &quot;anchored&quot; stores in NY, D.C. area, Seattle, and Miami - I just realized why I'AM in a recession....

19. Class54

Class54 Well-Known Member

At least 3 or more items per brand: (this list does not include underwear, t-shirts, or accessories, except AA) Levis, Lee (including LVC and Lee Orginals/Gold Label) Ann Demeulemeester Julius, Number (N)ine Dries Van Noten Jil Sander Comme de Garcons Polo and Rugby by Ralph Lauren Old Navy,Gap, Banana Republic ( at least 3 of each) Converse (John Varvatos) Converse One Star (Target) Raf Simons Tommy Hilfiger Diesel, G-star, J. Crew 45 RPM Gucci Gilded Age, Benjamin Bixby, Hickey Army/Navy Surplus American Apparel Timberland Boot Company Addidas, K Swiss Express, Ruels Burberry, Brooks Brothers Reiss, All Saints 3Sixteen, LRG, Rocawear Emporio Armani Gant - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - When doing this inventory of my wardrobe I learned 3 interesting things: (1) The bulk of my wardrobe is dominated by Levis, Gilded Age, and Army/Navy Surplus items I picked up while serving. I also have way more 45 RPM than I expected and a ton of stuff from Target. (2)Several SF-approved brands are completely absent from my wardrobe, including APC, BOO and W+H . (3) Although I possess quite a few Converse pieces, I don't own a single pair of Chucks. P.S. "Yes I still wear about 95% of this stuff.[​IMG]

20. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

RRL
    RLBL
    RLPL
    PRL

i love the polo outlet [​IMG]

It looks like the RR polo outlet has taken a turn for the worse, though, correct? No more RRL or better Polo stuff, just pony-logoed clothes, as far as I can tell.