• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lawhead-RealmsThereunder-150.jpg

The Realms Thereunder
Ross Lawhead

Unconvinced. Seems like a bunch of the usual tropes overlaid with a bit of urban neuroticism. Still, I'm reading it at a good clip.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caravaggio: A Life Sacred And Profane, Andrew Graham-Dixon
A new a scholarly take on the life. Heard an interview with author on NYT Book Review 12/2: '100 Notable Books 2011'

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Just finished Chuck Palahniuk's Tell All. Don't care what the reviews said, I really enjoyed it.

Now that the semesters over, I'm going to finish up the last 20 or so pages of Atlas Shrugged and start on True Compass.

I'm hoping to knock out at least 2-3 more books and a major library reorganization before next semester gets rolling.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just started it today.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Amazingly, it speaks quite eloquently to the problem of the 1% having so much of the wealth in today's America.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How was this? I've got The Erasers sitting on my "to read" pile, and I've been searching for a reasonably priced copy of Topology of a Phantom City for a while now.

It was a great read; I enjoyed it a lot. It's one of those novels in which Robbe-Grillet's signature style contributes very effectively to a compelling narrative. I don't want to give anything away, but the tension between his style and the content is thought-provoking. There are also some really funny self-referential passages.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads