• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very good book on my favorite ball player ever. Focuses a lot on his time as a coach. He remained down to earth person and did not enjoy popularity he had.

Attachments

• 51MByyHkfWL._SL500_.jpg
    51MByyHkfWL._SL500_.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't, but I've considered picking it up after I'm finished with some of these others. They're all pretty lengthy and dense, right?
Lengthy, yes. In the sense that 'dense'=impenetrable, LD is anything but. To me, Faulkner, russian guys, Cormac McCarthy, etc., are dense - you can read LD @ the beach!

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finished Shane a couple days ago. Interesting story. Unexpected sexual tension between Shane and Marian...lol.

Started Warlock yesterday. Like it so far.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I loved Lonesome Dove.

Just started "Toad", a previously unpublished novel by the late Katherine Dunn. In part it takes place at Hippie College so I'm excited and nervous to see how closely it reflects my own undergraduate experience.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick read proving to be insightful as awaiting the arrival of Sam Neil’s book and The Book Depository is closing down at the end of the month…FUBAR
8C3F7659-4A97-4CF9-968B-26DBFF05DBD7.jpeg

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reading Slow Horses by Mick Herron.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
working my way through Name of the Wind (thanks to several people on here for recommended) - really good.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
working my way through Name of the Wind (thanks to several people on here for recommended) - really good.
Sweet! Now you, too, can develop an ongoing irritation with Patrick Rothfuss for ten years of publishing absolutely nothing.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How is it/are the books? I love the series with Oldman.
It has a very sly humor and overall it’s very well written. The characters, and there is a lot of them, are all f**k ups in one way or another, which really connects with me.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished a run through The Murderbot Diaries; damn, that's a fun read. Amazon informs me that there is another book in the series, System Collapse, coming out in November, which makes me happy.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finished The Wise Man's Fear.
I like that it's not the typical 'hero' story, that he's regressed in the current time, that many of his 'feats' are actually exaggerations, etc.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monday afternoon dog walked…current report accepted time on my hands
E6FFD777-3703-4441-B8E0-CA4196AC2B02.jpeg

I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard in a long while and I’m only 56 pages in. Sublime absurd tales of a life..

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads