• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need to read this because I enjoyed I Contain Multitudes.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1653445952556.jpeg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
371EA0C9-F516-468F-A183-0613B7199163.jpeg

Finished this last night aside from the character names it is nothing like the TV series. This is more of a what do old Cold Warriors do when there is no cold war. Go after evil arms traders who won’t buy British toys. Intrigue political machinations on both side of the pond that would make Machiavelli proud. A very good late night yarn.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reading this:
1654881600872.jpeg

Stilwell is one of the most interesting leaders during World War II and we are fortunate to have Tuchman of all people document his relationship with China.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B6294F6F-01C1-4BD1-AE6A-E1B0B52F9B9B.jpeg

It must be ten years since I’ve read a Rushdie novel started one, can’t remember the title just quit… this is true to form of previous work a very peculiar and intelligent humour at work.

Magical realism with an Indian twist…no bathos here thank you. A delightful and humorous update of the Cervantes tale in Trumps America.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cadillacdesert.jpg

I'm about half way through this book and it's definitely worth the read. If it weren't for the water projects that were built out west, it would have remained fairly unpopulated. What happens to those population centers as our climate changes is a huge question.

jack webb

Reaction score
View attachment 1805454

I'm about half way through this book and it's definitely worth the read. If it weren't for the water projects that were built out west, it would have remained fairly unpopulated. What happens to those population centers as our climate changes is a huge question.
Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown.

Robboto

Reaction score
41fy9+-dmtL.jpg

I've read most other novels by Vonnegut, halfway through this one and, as usual, his style is excellent.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2A6CFDB7-9C2E-4CA0-86BF-BB1CC8FCE9F7.jpeg

I have seen Beevor talk a number of times at the AWM about a couple of his books, of which I have a definite passion for. He’s a very entertaining and adroit historian, but as a a former British Army Officer he has a particular visceral contempt for the Russian army which became apparent with Berlin. This blood soaked opus of the Red Terror is no different when addressing the horrors upon which the USSR was built. That said its a fascinating narrative, political and military history about a blood soaked nation. Highly recommended and insightful considering the actions of the Midget of Moscow and his repeat of the Nazi hordes destruction of Ukraine.

Last edited:

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1804551
It must be ten years since I’ve read a Rushdie novel started one, can’t remember the title just quit… this is true to form of previous work a very peculiar and intelligent humour at work.

Magical realism with an Indian twist…no bathos here thank you. A delightful and humorous update of the Cervantes tale in Trumps America.
Was it Joesph Anton? Think Fury was the last okay novel Rushdie expelled.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it Joesph Anton? Think Fury was the last okay novel Rushdie expelled.
Shalimar the Clown abandoned it. The Moors Last Sigh was the last one I read back in the 90’s.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads