• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

sydneycentric

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bearlydavid
A girl gets her butt cut off...
biggrin.gif

"disaster"

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Anyone a fan of Studds Terkel? I've picked up his books on any number of occassions thinking they'd be something I would like, then put them down after reading the fly leaf.

Can any fans of his give me a good book to start with? I was thinking his one about the Great Depression? What is it called: Hard Times?

As a side note, a friend was neighbors with Terkel when she lived in Chicago many years ago. Said he was a great guy.

b

Working

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next airplane book: Midnight's Children (been in my possession for 10 years, have never gotten around to reading).

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
Working

Any reason in particular that you recommend that one?

b

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not her best but I enjoyed it immensely.
(The Bluest Eye knocked me for a loop.)
It has its moments and its on my list to read again.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Any reason in particular that you recommend that one?

b

I like to hear about what other people, especially blue collar workers, do for a living. Plus, I'd finished all Raymond Carver's work. He does such a nice job of describing blue collar people who are out of work. Johnny Bosworth's narrative about selling cars ("The Selling") is great.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Still in reread mode...sort of in this case, because I'm reading a translation of Democracy in America that's new to me, by Goldhammer.

I have to say it is better than the Mansfield translation, which is the last version that I read.

- B

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
omnipotent government, ludwig von mises ... I was allready depressed about state intervention lately, reading this doesnt help at all..

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
Next airplane book: Midnight's Children (been in my possession for 10 years, have never gotten around to reading).

You're in for a treat.

I'm finishing up The Crossing. Haven't decided yet what's next.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Torts case book, looking forward to the fourth book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Torts case book, looking forward to the fourth book in the A Song of Fire and Ice series.

The fact pattern in torts case books are so much more interesting than most of the others.
smile.gif

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
The fact pattern in torts case books are so much more interesting than most of the others.
smile.gif

Amen, brother, they saved the "best" for last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads