• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

samurai

Reaction score
"Tender Is The Night" by James Joyce. A haunting story, beautifully written. "Gatsby" was superb, but this is a greater work, full of subtle perceptions of peoples sufferings...

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ A typo surely. F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished Great Expectations. Absolutely loved it. Am now a few chapters into Wuthering Heights.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
Prophet of Innovation: Joseph Schumpeter and Creative Destruction by Thomas McCraw

What's that all about?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
jumping on the SF bandwagon, I picked up that "Luxury lost its luster" book that's been bandied about recently in various threads

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
Just finished up My Uncle Oswald, been skimming through Freud's The Joke and Its Relation to the Unconscious. I think The Government Inspector by Gogol may be next.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished A.N. Wilson's The Victorians.

Now onto After the Victorians: The World Our Parents Knew ...

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just inbetween books right now...I have to decide which direction I want to take: I have started a bio. of Michelangelo Buanarotti and another book on Taoism, yet I'm not sure if I should take up my old pasttime of demonic evocation and indulge myself- also practically- in the Goetia again and esp. re-read a 17th century version of the Grimorium Verum? (for which I always had a weakness)....difficult times, this...

..on the other hand I had already planned since last year to indulge myself into the study of the subject of "Time" (accompanied by the Yi Jing) itself for which I had also bought a couple of books, too...(or should I return to art history with Kandinsky's stuff?)...pretty undecided as I said...even bordering on some sort of melancholy....(for which I would have the right books, too, btw.)

dpw

Reaction score
Renaissance Rivals: Michelango, Leonardo, Raphael, Titan by Rona Goffen

Mujib

Reaction score
Forcing my way through those chapters of Moby Dick.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just finished the 7th and final book of Harry Potter. reading all 7 books was a challenge from my 12 year old daughter. I enjoyed the series quite a bit.

Thought I would lighten things up around here.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
Thought I would lighten things up around here.
I, for one, appreciate it! Good lord, there is some heavy reading going on here; after teaching heavy stuff all day, I want to read something fun and light. As such, this summer a whole stack of P.D. James and Josephine Tey mysteries have been very good "medicine."

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads