• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

majorhancock

Reaction score
“I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.”
-- Henry Miller

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 11.02.09 PM.png

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nipple.

Late to this one. Razor's Edge by W Someset Maugham.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished John Grisham's " A Time for Mercy."

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gave up on this because San Francisco people are insufferable as ****. Waaah waaaaah our city is changing waaaah waaaah. There's no real portrait of the city as it is now because it can all be waved off casually with "its just rich tech people". Only read if you want to see other people's onanism to when they were cool.

91jBIcZrGFL.jpg

Now im read8nf "Diamond Hill" by Kit Fan. Very good. Not entirely sure i know what its about but it is very good.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Caesar's Palace Coup byb Max Frumes and Sunjeet Indap

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally finished Wheel of Time...
It's hard for me to remember a point in my life when I wasn't reading Wheel of Time, pretty sure I still had my whole life ahead of me when I started it.
Anyways, now I'm reading "The Last Watch" by J.S. Dewes.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That sounds interesting.

I'm reading The Map That Changed The World, by Simon Winchester:
1627266923863.png

I find it fascinating how different we look at the world compared to our ancestors.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That sounds interesting.

I'm reading The Map That Changed The World, by Simon Winchester:
View attachment 1644278
I find it fascinating how different we look at the world compared to our ancestors.
Stampede is pretty good. And it;s like 250 pages. Worth a library checkout.

All of Winchester's work is good, methinks.

suited?

Reaction score
View attachment 1494432 View attachment 1494433

Murray's book is a look at gloomy state of affairs in Western Europe as he calls it "Culture running on empty" and clash with Islam and what it might mean for the continent in the future. The book doesn't make bold statements or predictions but makes an interesting point here and then.

Sowell's book is concrete in its rather harsh criticism of intelligentsia(especially leftwing) but whether you're leaning leftwing or rightwing this is a fantastic read.

Both are excellent. I've only read one of Douglas Murray's books (the one you posted here), but have read almost all of Sowell's books. He did a spinoff of Intellectuals and Society that expands the section on race - "Intellectuals and Race."

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
654228A8-3127-4F4F-B2E9-2A45E9356528.jpeg

Reading this right now. It’s about how art, literature, and philosophy was shaped by World War II and especially the Cold War.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jack webb

Reaction score
Seneca's "Letters on Ethics." Timeless wisdom from a Stoic. Abridged versions are available containing perhaps 25 letters. Look for an edition that has all 120+.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1649171
Reading this right now. It’s about how art, literature, and philosophy was shaped by World War II and especially the Cold War.
Listened to a podcast discussion with the author then went and ordered a copy. Will be engaging with this soon. I’ll be interested to see what you have to say about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads