• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you reading?

Bromley

Reaction score
Ah, I thought so. I had a friend that worked in Atlanta and swore those were the buildings across the street from him.
I recognized them on a road trip many years ago from the interstate, and exited to turn around so I could get a picture. Some great pre Actual Air poems on The Baffler.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I recognized them on a road trip many years ago from the interstate, and exited to turn around so I could get a picture. Some great pre Actual Air poems on The Baffler.
View attachment 1222333
Bruh this photo had to be taken around 1999, maybe 98? I'm guessing around this time of year, too.

Bromley

Reaction score
Bruh this photo had to be taken around 1999, maybe 98? I'm guessing around this time of year, too.
Not sure what year the cover photo was taken (book published in 1999), but I probably snapped that point-and-shoot shot out of my car window around 2009 or 2010.

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I’ve bought Actual Air about ten times as back in the day it was the most-stolen book from my apartment.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure what year the cover photo was taken (book published in 1999), but I probably snapped that point-and-shoot shot out of my car window around 2009 or 2010.
That recently? I ask because it's been a long time since that area wasn't that developed. (and it looks like you used film)

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm reading Disappearing Earth by Julia Phillips, which is a very atmospheric novel set in Kamchatka, in the far east of Russia, centred around the disappearance of two young girls. The author also happens to be the niece of a good friend and colleague of mine.

downtownford2

Reaction score
I am reading Ad Infinitum: A biography of Latin by Nicholas Ostler. It goes over how Latin, one of many languages within the pre-Roman Italian peninsula, came to be the language of empire, law, religion, and science, and how it continues to pervade our modern society.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Atlas Shrugged is unreadable. Fountainhead is quite good, tho. Kind of like Stephen King before and after The Stand.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Atlas Shrugged is unreadable. Fountainhead is quite good, tho. Kind of like Stephen King before and after The Stand.
Readable =/= worth reading

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thankfully ayn rand is neither
I thought Rand was the shit when I was young and clueless in my early twenties... I wish someone had told me back then that she was full of shit.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought Rand was the shit when I was young and clueless in my early twenties... I wish someone had told me back then that she was full of shit.
Wish someone had told me that before Tommyknockers.

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“I actually do like to read,” I said, after I’d ventured a sip.

“Such as?” She was now studying her glass of whiskey.

“Ayn Rand.”

“That crazy old dyke,” she barked, then noticed my shocked expression. “I don’t know, you get the idea that the Empire State Building’s her idea of an excellent dildo.”

I’ve tried to read Ayn Rand several times since that night, but somehow the charge, however reckless, sent her plummeting down the face of a skyscraper into the gutter reserved for embarrassing former enthusiasms.

— Jay McInerney, The Last of the Savages

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.