• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you reading?

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Experiencing Architecture. Good for anyone with zero background education on the subject. Helpful illustrations.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm (re)reading Patricia Highsmith's Ripley novels. Even after all the films that have been made of her work, I still think she's underrated.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been working my way (backwards chronologically) through Gunnar Staalesen's 'Varg Veum' series of detective novels set in and around Bergen, Norway. He's been writing them since the 1970s, but they've only just started to be translated in the past couple of years. The recent ones are excellent and highly recommended, but the first couple are very self-consciously imitative of, almost parodying, hard-boiled US detective fiction. There have been films made of most of the books in recent years too, but they are terrible action thrillers that remove all the character development and nuance in favour of violence in scenic Norway.

Rose Upshur

Reaction score
The Hunger Games, Susan Collins. A trilogy about how television affects society. A very up-to-date policy line and the attitude of the state to who is different in opinion. In general, modern (oxymoron, haha) communism in unusual circumstances.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's rest day on the Tour and Wimbledon is over.

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fragmented vacation reading. Bits of Robert Musil’s diaries (really, really good!) and individual sentences by Don DeLillo.

(DeLillo is hard for me to read now because his sentences are not only perfect, but discoverable; the mechanics are so easy to discern and replicate, I get caught up in note-taking).

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.