• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you reading?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gave up on the last book i posted. It wasnt bad but i wasn't going to read another 150 pages of a 600 page book for it to really get to the meat of things. Im now reading this. It is...interesting.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished A Cop's Eyes by Gaku Yakumaru - subtle, unusual, collection of linked short stories featuring a policeman who is more interested in making things right than breaking down doors or shooting people. Nevertheless, it all comes together in a shocking and unexpected final story. Highly recommended, and hopefully the second collection, which came out in Japan in 2014, will be translated soon. Great cover too, with some actual attention to design...

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/251798/a-cops-eyes-by-gaku-yakumaru/9781941220573

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I read that recently - isn't it just delightful?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished the Panama Papers. What a law firm!

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Football for a buck. The crazy rise and crazier demise of the USFL by Jeff Pearlman.

Extremely entertaining book.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now reading Can Xue's Love in the New Millennium, which has just been long-listed for the International Man Booker prize, and is really very weird - someone described it as being reminscent of Solaris and, although it is very different, I can see what they mean.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tonight, I'll be all caught up with the History of Byzantium podcast and can then dedicate myself back to books. Whew!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tonight, I'll be all caught up with the History of Byzantium podcast and can then dedicate myself back to books. Whew!
Correction, episode 188 and still 433 years from the finish line (this podcast has been going on for at least 5 years). I am going to take a break for a while so I can get Who is Michael Ovitz off my nightstand. PLus I am rereading parts of Gomorrah

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Correction, episode 188 and still 433 years from the finish line (this podcast has been going on for at least 5 years). I am going to take a break for a while so I can get Who is Michael Ovitz off my nightstand. PLus I am rereading parts of Gomorrah
Thanks to you im on episode 4. I dont expect to remember 1/25th of the names.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.