1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by chorse123, Mar 13, 2006.

1. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

I really had and still have no interest in the status of Shaq's foreskin.

2. wojt

wojt Senior member

you're missing out man

3. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Too bad. eBay has a great auction for a new Submariner band, plus a matching belt.

4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

[​IMG]

Really enjoyed this one. Didn't see the ending coming. Love the way she writes. Very minimal yet flowery enough.

[​IMG]

Didn't understand all the imagined technology and had a hard time grasping what was going on in the beginning. Can't believe he imagined all that in 1984

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    4 people like this.
  5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

@indesertum :fonz: both good reads!

1 person likes this.
  6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

should i read pattern recognition? thinking about it one of the only reasons i picked up william gibson was to read about the ma-1. neuromancer seemed so far removed from reality

7. JFST

JFST Senior member

[​IMG]
    Not bad but not the best Mishima, his usual topics and rhetoric.
    [​IMG]
    The savage detectives by BolaƱo, marvelous, great book not what I was expecting at all.

2 people like this.
  8. boso

boso Well-Known Member

Just finished
    [​IMG]

I picked this up at Quimby's in Chicago. I'm about 50 pages in and just haven't really enjoyed it.
    [​IMG]

Been feeling anxious lately and I'm revisiting this.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Almost through with this:

[​IMG]

So well written and every page has been engaging.

10. milosh

milosh Senior member

I enjoyed it

1 person likes this.
  11. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

Finished The Mother Tongue a few days ago. I started A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. It's good so far.

12. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I'm a quarter of the way through this book. Very well written.

[​IMG]

13. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

A Ride to Khiva.

Great writing, fantastic descriptions, interesting situations but I feel like I keep treading the same ground.

14. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Just an update, this is an excellent book. Very tough to start with (until you look up the structure) but very touching.

15. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

Finished A Little Life a few days ago. It was a good book although at times it was almost like the author was going out of her way to make sure every horrible thing befell at least one of the characters.

After that downerfest I decided to read something a little more pulpy, so I'm halfway through Ian Tregillis's The Rising, which is a sequel to The Mechanical.

16. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

17. Sunnydale

Sunnydale Senior member

I recently finished Mary Boyle Bradley's book about her husbands fight with Multiple Sclerosis. I enjoyed the book, and enjoyed learning more about Low Dose Neltrexone with it's ability to help improve MS and other autoimmune conditions.

"Up the Creek with a Paddle: Beat MS and All Autoimmune Disorders with Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)"

http://www.amazon.com/Creek-Paddle-...456501196&sr=8-8&keywords=low+dose+naltrexone

"In 1986, when I first discovered LDN, if I had Mary Boyle Bradley on my team, this drug would have been approved, marketed and manufactured by a reputable pharmaceutical company. I have no doubt about that." Dr. Bernard Bihari

The story is simple. It is about love, life and hope. After years of battling with the onslaught of her husband's Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, Mary stumbled on a little known doctor in New York City, Dr. Bernard Bihari. Many people on the internet claimed that Dr. Bihari knew how to stop every type of MS from progressing. Even better, it was claimed that he could help everyone with an autoimmune disorder, ranging from psoriasis to AIDS. It was claimed that Dr. Bihari could help them with Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN). Eventually, Mary's husband took a leap of faith and put Dr. Bihari's work to the test. LDN worked. It stopped his MS from progressing. Since September 2002, a worldwide campaign has ignited with passionate momentum to get LDN medically recognized as a treatment for MS and all autoimmune disorders. LDN is a cheap, generic, out of patent drug with no known side-effects. Despite the fact that there is no financial incentive to entice any pharmaceutical company to investigate new uses for Naltrexone, the ambition is for LDN to hit the masses and improve the lives of millions. Small scale LDN clinical trials are finally making progress across the globe and are paving the way for a much better future for everyone who suffers from an autoimmune disorder.

18. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

About 500 pages into War and Peace. Idk why it has such a reputation for being difficult; it's actually super readable.

19. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I think it's just about the length as opposed to the readability in the sense you mean.

20. accordion

accordion Senior member

About 80 pages into DeLillo's white noise, I feel like everything will blow up very soon.

1 person likes this.