• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by b&m
Getting towards the end of this, a great read so far
51p6nEYZwdL._SS500_.jpg

That was such a good book.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I'm just starting Kafka's Collected Stories. Also I don't feel like getting in to an argument but: Mike, in regards to Dawkins, provide some concrete examples or shut the **** up. You may play at an intellectual on the internet but your qualifications seem a little anemic compared to one of the leading thinkers of our era.
crackup[1].gif
rotflmao.gif
Give me a break! Dawkins is no idiot, but a leading thinker of "our era" he is not. Look, I don't hate him or anything. I plan on reading The Selfish Gene soon and I think the conclusions he reaches in that book are valid and important. However, The God Delusion is simply garbage. It's recycled anecdotal vitriol, there is nothing "revolutionary" about it. He also displays a stunning lack of knowledge of the basic arguments for theism/atheism.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
crackup[1].gif
rotflmao.gif
Give me a break! Dawkins is no idiot, but a leading thinker of "our era" he is not.

Look, I don't hate him or anything. I plan on reading The Selfish Gene soon and I think the conclusions he reaches in that book are valid and important. However, The God Delusion is simply garbage. It's recycled anecdotal vitriol, there is nothing "revolutionary" about it. He also displays a stunning lack of knowledge of the basic arguments for theism/atheism.

I haven't read the God Delusion, but could you give a brief recap of his views and why they may be invalid - in a vacuum from others' arguments on the subject. Just interested to hear your opinion on this.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I only like continental philosophers....
I know. You could be using your powers for good instead of evil.
smile.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will be finishing The Age of Reform tonight (what a book). Next up is Ruling America: A History of Wealth and Power in a Democracy. It is apparently a good survey of the American aristocracy, a largely ignored topic.
15714283.JPG

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ezra Pound's correspondence with James Joyce

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril

Are those good? I found Joyce's love letters to Nora online somewhere, and man, did they deliver.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
Are those good? I found Joyce's love letters to Nora online somewhere, and man, did they deliver.

The letters are mostly by Pound to Joyce with a nice history running between pieces. Pound basically served as a literary agent go between. I am very much enjoying it.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The letters are mostly by Pound to Joyce with a nice history running between pieces. Pound basically served as a literary agent go between. I am very much enjoying it.
I've seen a couple of letters that went between John Yeats and Pound. Fun to read.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
51E38P8WAXL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

To Rule the Waves: How the British Navy Shaped the Modern World - highly recommend it, a very fun and almost un-put-downable book.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The_Cat_Who_Walks_Through_Walls.bookcover.amazon.jpg

Just got done reading The Cat Who Walks Through Walls. The ending was a bit abrupt but otherwise another great Heinlein read. Moving onto Double Star next. Anyone have other Heinlein recommendations? Already tackled Stranger, Moon, Door into Summer, and Time Enough for Love.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads