Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by chorse123, Mar 13, 2006.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I just finished reading Yes Man, at [email protected]'s recommendation. It's taken me a while, because I was busy between school and opening up my own life to Yes a little more often here and there. Anyway, I can't thank him enough for the book. It was a really good read, and you find yourself pulling for the guy the entire time. Anyway, it was a great book, and one that fit my life perfectly. Looking back to how my life was before I started reading it and comparing that to what it is now, it is a book I really needed to read. Maybe just to kickstart my own reformation. Who knows. Anyway, I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone.

2. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

The Amazing Adventures of Kavelier and Klay. Not only does it live up to the hype, it exceeds it. This book is inanely, depressingly abso-fucking-lutely brilliant. Everything I had trouble with in the Yiddish Policeman's Union (another fine work by Chabon) is completely gone. It has this grand old-world romance and the emotions punch you in the stomach. This should be mandatory reading in any kind of decent curriculum dealing with western literature.

3. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

I just finished reading Yes Man, at [email protected]'s recommendation. It's taken me a while, because I was busy between school and opening up my own life to Yes a little more often here and there. Anyway, I can't thank him enough for the book. It was a really good read, and you find yourself pulling for the guy the entire time. Anyway, it was a great book, and one that fit my life perfectly. Looking back to how my life was before I started reading it and comparing that to what it is now, it is a book I really needed to read. Maybe just to kickstart my own reformation. Who knows. Anyway, I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone.
    So...you're gonna go to Stonehenge?

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

So...you're gonna go to Stonehenge?

Stonehenge 2. I heard it's in Thomas's backyard.

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

is this the one by Danny Wallace?

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

is this the one by Danny Wallace?

Indeed.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Stonehenge 2. I heard it's in Thomas's backyard.

Mrs. Thomas said Stonehenge only after I build her the outdoor kitchen she wants. And I can't reconcile the designs so that one incorporates the other. [​IMG]

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Indeed.

I have ordered it. BTW!: It's on bargain price at Amazon, and if you're a prime member they ship 2-day for gratis.

9. CTGuy

CTGuy Made Guy

I am reading a book called the Historian right now that is about vampires. It is pretty great actually, except that I had some weird nightmares last night.

10. skidsm

skidsm Senior member

finished ellis - rules of attraction last night. OK, i guess. i got quite skeptical when i got to a scene where characters were recounting how nice 'sussudio' sounded on their new cd player. seemed awfully damned familiar.

just started:

cormac mccarthy - child of god

and still working on:

junot diaz - drown
    john cheever - collected stories

11. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I am reading a book called the Historian right now that is about vampires. It is pretty great actually, except that I had some weird nightmares last night.
    I read like 100 pages and tossed it out. Sucked ass.

12. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Senior member

Read this yesterday. It's pretty good, if your in to that sort of thing.

[​IMG]

13. jhao

jhao Senior member

just finished " The dead of Artemio Cruz by Carlos Fuentes".

14. eg1

eg1 Senior member