• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you looking for / looking like this spring?

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this was a cool thread from Superfuture, and even though I think the two sites are better with different content, we can get that here.

My style goals for the spring are to:

- Sell a ton of stuff from my closet that I've kept over the years, that is all in decent shape, but I no longer wear. An impending move to NYC means (a) I need money (b) if I'm moving, I want to move as little stuff as possible and (c) the chance to buy all new stuff!

- Continue the style that I've started to develop, one that I like to think is versatile and comfortable. Lots of neutral colors. Very few logos. Jeans and sneakers. Comfortable clothes.

- A few things to buy: A Spruce or w+h hoodie in grey, size large (and if you're selling one, please let me know!), some soft merino or pima cotton or lambswool sweaters (with only a very slight v-neck or crewneck) that I can wear during the day and roll the sleeves up if need be, new flip flops (I don't subscribe to the "fashion is pain" mantra), some slim or relaxed fitting shorts, and most importantly, button-down short sleeve shirts that fit well.

- Modern Amusement aviators. Alllll day.

I think the GQ spring look was really on point this year, it was very much what I like to wear. Hope to get on some of those styles.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming the weather does not get unseasonably warm, I will likely continue dressing like a Pacific Northwest lesbian. I will do so until a Subaru materializes in the parking lot of my apartment complex, at which point the cycle will have completed itself.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
- Some nice bermuda shorts
- lightweight slim cargo pants
- boat/deck shoes
- more 1 layer short sleeve tops to look slightly more varied than just tshirts. the AA short sleeve henley looks nice, maybe some nice polos if i can find them, maybe a bit of plaid button up western wear type stuff
- anything that won't make me sweat a lot as florida spring may as well be summer

i have some awesome art print tees coming from mjk and hopefully i'll be able to pick up a pair of shorts and lightweight slim cargos from him and probably more when he continues to make warm weather stuff.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
Assuming the weather does not get unseasonably warm, I will likely continue dressing like a Pacific Northwest lesbian. I will do so until a Subaru materializes in the parking lot of my apartment complex, at which point the cycle will have completed itself.
This gets my vote for Post of the day, hahaha

I kinda made a thread like this earlier but whatever
I plan to get a pair of true raw denim (AWs or something)
Decent casual suit
some new t-shirts and slimmer fitting decently made button ups for the impending warm weather
Probably hold off on shoes till I can check out Alfredo Banister (or just buy a few more pair of the cheaper ones like I have already)
Not much else.
Although looking back a year ago my style has evolved a huge amount post SF awareness. I dress much better than I did before.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
Win. <3 Subaru. <3 lesbians.

cmrocks

Reaction score
I want to get a few more RL polos, a new pair of sunglasses, a pair of deck shoes, some slimmer shorts that end just above the knee, new cargo shorts, and a few more light cotton button ups.

fatty

Reaction score
my pledge is to not look like a fashion victim.

And my goal is to find a way to wear stockings and skirts without looking dumb

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ I know a girl who does the stockings / skirt thing. It seems to work best with a punk rock sort of attitude.

fatty

Reaction score
yeh you see, i don't like the punk look because it doesnt suit me.

I just like thigh high stockings

[this is for autumn however, not spring]

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Maybe it's just because I'm a human male, but I don't think I've ever seen the stocking/skirt combo and thought &quot;wow, that looks dumb.&quot; Not once.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *****
my pledge is to not look like a fashion victim. And my goal is to find a way to wear stockings and skirts without looking dumb
www.sockdreams.com I'm thinking of ordering some stuff from here. Gloves, mainly. They have a lot of cool stuff for girls, though.
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Maybe it's just because I'm a human male, but I don't think I've ever seen the stocking/skirt combo and thought "wow, that looks dumb." Not once.
Skirts can work with stockings, but for the most part, it's tends to be either fashion victim or very eccentric (whether that's punk or just pure anachronism). I have a lot of designs kicking around for the latter, but that's generally not a mainstream thing. It definitely can work, though.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tees and vintage polos
sammy contest jeans and a pair of worn vintage levis(or thai fakes)
multicolored docksides or some nikes
vintage raybans

thats about all i can do in florida in the spring... im sure some ss western shirts and my vintage hermes ss button up will be in there too.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Definites:
s/s Henley's in white.
Boot Cut Jean. Probably a Blue In Green Pickup.
2 more embellished belts from The Pasadena Rose Bowl Market.
Paul Smith Shoes. One more pair in a brown shade.
Solid dress shirts in Black & White from Branquinho, Balenciaga or Demuelemeester.

Hopefuls:
Cartier Roadster Watch.
New Car...........

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Definitely;

70% of casual shirts will be s/s buttondowns, mostly Ben Sherman
20% of casual shirts will be fred perry polos
more trousers, less jeans
Paul Smith shoes and boots
my Loake and J&M loafers
Harringtons or cardigans as evening casual outerwear
Thick as Thieves suits for soul nites

I'm kinda over "different looks"...this year gonna ima be dull and just wear the usual **** I've been wearing for years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads