• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you looking for / looking like this spring?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *****
oh forumites, yea or nay? and what shoes?
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/aka-*****/sf-stockings.jpg

I agree with the previous posters that that angle makes it a bit hard to tell, but I think it might work better with a top of a color other than black. I think you might be able to pull off fairly high boots with those stockings, and that would look good. As far as the skirt goes, I think it looks good, but a grey pleated skirt or one in a plaid pattern could turn it up a notch
smile.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*Warning ****** Low Light Distance Picture Alert* Personally I like the way this looks, longer than nearly knee high stockings would probably look pretty hot with the same F*Me boots/colors.
374841083_3f8f2d75e1_b.jpg
Oh Im not diggin on the denim skirt either

fatty

Reaction score
yeh i totally don't want to look like a typical asian.

Thanks for your thoughts guys, i'm going to consider some alternatives eventually.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeh i totally don't want to look like a typical asian.

Thanks for your thoughts guys, i'm going to consider some alternatives eventually.

That does make sense, is that look common among Asians down under?

fatty

Reaction score
it's common with asians everywhere. The one i try hardest to get away from. [not because it looks terrible, it just looks so 'typical']

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's common with asians everywhere. The one i try hardest to get away from. [not because it looks terrible, it just looks so 'typical']

I can understand that. I think the last two years have seen an increase in skirts/boots in girls of all races, though. Perhaps ppl have gotten away from the tight jeans/boots look of late.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I suppose that might be somewhat true, but it still looks fuckin hot!

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
I'm thinking 1 or 2 MJK shirts, especially if his brother can do the painting for them sometime soon. I'm going to give gurkees a shot and see how comfortable they are, and maybe buy another pair of shorts. I think I might end up wearing a lot of cheap white undershirt Ts if the weather gets really hot.

manifest v

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
I think this was a cool thread from Superfuture, and even though I think the two sites are better with different content, we can get that here. .
It's my thread YATCH! Anyways, I can't believe I'm posting here again. This thread is useless without pictures. Of MANSTYLES. ^_^ Anybody into the rolled up pegleg cuffs for spring? Happy does it pretty well but I'd like to see more of that mmmm hmmm! I'm also thinking of hemming all of my slacks so that they'll show more sock/ankle this spring. Not capri short, but slightly dandyish short.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i´ll be doing the rolled up wide cut jeans and WW2 style chinos for summer. No pegleg cuffs though.
Not a big fan of shorts (but Ill be getting those aswell if the weather really calls for it)

GoodHustle

Reaction score
I am hoping to pick up the following items for spring and summer:
-A slim fitting cotton pant / trouser (in grey or dark khaki) for the days where it might be too hot to wear jeans.
-White Purcells or natural white Chucks.
-Some sort of web belt (in olive) from an army surplus store (so that I can give my leather belts a rest).
-A new LA Dodgers hat because baseball season is here! I plan on going to a lot of games this season and I will need to keep my head covered if I'm sitting in the cheap seats.
-Waferers for said baseball games I plan on attending.

I wish I can get a Baracuta Slim Fit G9 for the nights where it might be a little cool / breezy but I probably can't fit that in my budget so I will have to wait until next year!

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoodHustle
-Some sort of web belt (in olive) from an army surplus store (so that I can give my leather belts a rest).

Check out A.P.C. I think they've got something like that.

GoodHustle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Check out A.P.C. I think they've got something like that.

Thanks for the suggestion. The web belt on the APC site is pretty nice, but for what it is, it seems a little over priced. I am hoping that I can find a decent alternative at a surplus store for under $20. If not, then I might just pull the trigger on the APC one.
smile.gif

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Maybe it's just because I'm a human male, but I don't think I've ever seen the stocking/skirt combo and thought "wow, that looks dumb." Not once.

+1

*****: If you post a full-length shot, we'd have a much better idea of the outfit. Though I like it more than most who have replied. I can be critical, particularly in regard to whatever shoes and shirt you might be wearing, but I'm still young enough to think miniskirts on girls with good bodies are all but an automatic thumb's up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads