• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Blake Stitched Blues -- Do you have an American parent or something? I can't believe anybody would listen to American country, let alone so-called bro country, who doesn't have it in their DNA.

Anyway, I'm trying to remember a country song I heard like 7 years ago. There's a line like "And I wear my skinny jeans" as a punchline in the song. It's a song about doing whatever the hell you want. It's like "Kiss My Country" in spirit, but actually isn't half-bad.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Blake Stitched Blues -- Do you have an American parent or something? I can't believe anybody would listen to American country, let alone so-called bro country, who doesn't have it in their DNA.

Anyway, I'm trying to remember a country song I heard like 7 years ago. There's a line like "And I wear my skinny jeans" as a punchline in the song. It's a song about doing whatever the hell you want. It's like "Kiss My Country" in spirit, but actually isn't half-bad.

There is no country save American country.

What I poasted is not country. It's a breakdown of why modern identikit 'country' sucks and how it has essentially become hip-hop for white people. You would understand this if you read the poast carefully and didn't spend ur time ****-poasting and shilling for No Man Wanks Alone.

Last edited:

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
********GE's X-Mas Challenge***************

Tag a poaster in a song you think he would like but probably wouldn't know. Give your fellow-poaster the gift of song.

GE's Cheat Sheet:

@Thrift Vader -- 80's idol J-pop/21st C J-funk
@derum -- Good music or Chris Rose.
@Omega Male -- 80's rock with electronic instrumentation and a mish-mash of pop/alt. contemporary with people you think Omega would be sexually attracted to.
@romafan -- Texas and NY cool mixed and mashed up into cocktail
@mhip -- Music so tragically hip he can out-hip the ole hipster himself, GE.
@double00 -- guitar heavy or guitar-interesting music he can shred to.
@Piobaire -- Teenage Doomer Muzak from 1988-2001 when the man went Teen Wolf in his late thirties and forties due to a traumatic childhood.
@beargonefishing -- Lesser known socially conscious hip-hop that white people like or pretend to like.
@Blake Stitched Blues -- Pretend for a second that there was an island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. And on this island sat a sexless Englishman completely isolated from the world. This is all I got for you.

Something you might not know is that I also love Texas country music.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
/yawn.

Yes, you're pretty, but you're also delusional. Given that I'm too bored to play.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have always felt this band deserved more recognition

Thievery Corporation owned a long running club in DC called Eighteenth Street Lounge that was in a great location, had a great international vibe and featured great music. Alas it fell victim to the COVID shutdowns

RIP ESL

Last edited:

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
/yawn.

Yes, you're pretty, but you're also delusional. Given that I'm too bored to play.

Classic teenage doomer response. I was taught as a child that gift-giving isn't about tit-for-tat, but about a love for your fellow man. While you may not give, you may yet receive. I know, I know: you're whole life nobody has given you anything, and it's been take, take, take. And who am I to judge, because I was born with countless advantages and am a real slack motherfucker. Granted. But jut open yourself up to the joy of x-mas. BELIEVE that somebody out there may want to give you something and ask for nothing in return, and it just might happen.

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no country save American country.

What I poasted is not country. It's a breakdown of why modern identikit 'country' sucks and how it has essentially become hip-hop for white people. You would understand this if you read the poast carefully and didn't spend ur time ****-poasting and shilling for No Man Wanks Alone.

That video is certainly not such a breakdown. The dude's argument is that 'bro-country' is fine, but it's all the radio stations play nowadays and he pines for more variety. He likens it to walking into an ice-cream shop that only serves one flavor. It is an extremely moderate and restrained analysis of the genre, leading one to suspect that you yourself have listened to your fair share of bro-country, even if you didn't enjoy it, which I intuited by your disparaging use of 'bro' in the preceding poast and the fact that EVEN YOU HAVE YOUR LIMITS. But most of us steer far and wide from anything resembling such a genre to the point where we ARE WHOLLY AND BLISSFULLY IGNORANT OF IT. So, my point was that subjecting yourself to such music to any degree, when you are geographically and genetically light years away from it, seems odd.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads