• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Hoping To Get From The EG Summer Sale?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whomever I have been corresponding with at Edward Green has been extremely patient and helpful and has disclosed that the summer sale will start on the second to last Thursday in June.

I know I have a laundry list of shoes I would like but judging from past lists in my size the pickings are likely to be slim for me. Couple with that many of their RTW shoes only go up to size 11.

What are you hoping for?

Leather man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Whomever I have been corresponding with at Edward Green has been extremely patient and helpful and has disclosed that the summer sale will start on the second to last Thursday in June.

I know I have a laundry list of shoes I would like but judging from past lists in my size the pickings are likely to be slim for me. Couple with that many of their RTW shoes only go up to size 11.

What are you hoping for?

Good grief - never knew they only went up to size 11! My sons will never wear EG then!

Anyway to answer the question - nothing - the sale is now way overpriced for UK customers and there's very little in my size anyway.

EG decided to put prices up significantly for sale shoes last winter - had discussion with them about and was assured I wasn't imagining it - policy from the directors apparently.

So now price differential between sale and full price is not very much. £460 vs £565

Was told UK customers were very unhappy but other European customers thought £460 was a steal - due to weak pound.

jon5986

Reaction score
I really want a pair of their boots. I saw a pair in the store recently that I will be looking at in the sale
bigstar[1].gif

Hope they have my size available then.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leather man
EG decided to put prices up significantly for sale shoes last winter - had discussion with them about and was assured I wasn't imagining it - policy from the directors apparently.

So now price differential between sale and full price is not very much. £460 vs £565

Was told UK customers were very unhappy but other European customers thought £460 was a steal - due to weak pound.

Which was all the more ironic when Ede & Ravenscroft were selling classic models (Dover, Chelsea) at half price last year. I regret not buying, but then I feel more affluent now than I did then...

Certainly at £450 I'd get on a train to Northampton instead.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SimonC
Which was all the more ironic when Ede & Ravenscroft were selling classic models (Dover, Chelsea) at half price last year. I regret not buying, but then I feel more affluent now than I did then...

Certainly at £450 I'd get on a train to Northampton instead.

No wonder where ebay seller Ascot Shoes gets all of his overpriced goods!

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tbh, judging by the available shoes in my size the last few sales, I'm not hoping for much. Instead, I'm crossing my fingers that there'll be another RL sale with Mackays ending up on B&S.

Btw, I contacted JL Powell about a pair of EG Chelsea they have on sale (you have to e-mail them for intl. orders). After a few e-mail exchanges, they told me that the size 9 is not in stock. They haven't updated their website since (Feb. 15th). Maybe my money is no good with them...
confused.gif

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Iirc, (rebadged) EG MTO at Foster & Son are cheaper than EG's sale prices during the sales. Unfortunately, unlike EG, both Foster & Son and Cleverley weren't responsive at all when e-mailed about their sales stock...

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Iirc, (rebadged) EG MTO at Foster & Son are cheaper than EG's sale prices during the sales. Unfortunately, unlike EG, both Foster & Son and Cleverley weren't responsive at all when e-mailed about their sales stock...

How is this possible? EG MTO at F&S is cheaper than EG's sale price? Is there source?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As many have said, during the sales there are better places to find great quality shoes in London other than EG and their appalling sale price. New & Lingwood, Cleverley, Foster & Son, Ede & Ravenscroft to name a few.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
How is this possible? EG MTO at F&S is cheaper than EG's sale price? Is there source?

I meant certain EG shoes made to order for Foster & Son, i.e. a specific EG style/color combo only available at Foster, not EG MTO ordered at/through Foster & Son.

This might have been mentioned in the last EG sale thread by one of the UK guys (jjl5000? tkdkid? StephenStyle?). I also vaguely recall someone stating that the EG Chelsea was also cheaper elsewhere than at EG during that sale.

jon5986

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
As many have said, during the sales there are better places to find great quality shoes in London other than EG and their appalling sale price. New & Lingwood, Cleverley, Foster & Son, Ede & Ravenscroft to name a few.

Does the above have summer sales? I thought some were only in January...

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Moorgate looks like the RL Albin a bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads