What are you going to be for Halloween?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SPK, Oct 17, 2009.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Yea, the key to a good halloween costume for me is something that isn't too obscure to when you tell people who you are they have no clue whatsoever (obviously not everyone is going to get it but you know what i mean) and also something that is easy to wear. Masks suck because you can't eat/drink with them. Same with clunky gloves or big attached accessories. Also big props for costumes that aren't mad expensive.

Unibomber isn't bad. I have curly hair that'd fit under the hood well, have a small beard/mustache i could just shave and go mustache only, and then just grey hoodie, med-faded blue jeans, probably chucks and aviators. I've seen it look good as a costume before but def not for everyone if it doesn't look semi- believable.

My friends did legends of the hidden temple team like 4-5 years ago and it looked good. Found the shirts online/ebay, got the helmet/knee/elbow pads and spray painted them gold (looks weird without the gold) and khakis shorts. Been done a lot but easy to do and wear.

80s tennis player is pretty easy and believable with the short white khakis shorts, and one of those ivy league looking sweaters (like the tat ones), some sneaks and head/wrist band.

Could always do some kinda random zombie bloody type thing which kinda lame but effective enough for a party. Just thrift suit with some diy scissor alterations and rips, white shirt, fake blood and some makeup or whatever and good to go

Dunno if i'm even going to any kind of party or something but always nice to have an idea in case i'm dragged somewhere

I was thinking Fry from Futurama. I could use recommendations on a jacket, actually. Not sure whether I'll have the stones to go through with the hair dye, though.

Oh, and where can I buy Slurm?

I saw some photos on facebook of friend of friend having a futurama party for the new season starting and a lot of people had homemade brainslugs on their heads. You could do that

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Last year I was a bro and that was a pretty big success, posted in WAYWT if someone wants to rummage through for a laugh. It was pretty awesome when everyone who knew me was like "OMG NO WAY" and everyone who didn't was like "Hey man why didn't you dress up?" [​IMG] This year a few of us are thinking about doing Team Zissou though the clock is ticking and we're all pretty lazy...I like the Legends of the Hidden Temple idea.

3. tighty88

tighty88 Well-Known Member

My friend, another guy, and i are are planning to be Freddy, Jason, and Michael Myers respectively (it's my friend's idea, he's a horror geek).

Truth is, this is going to cut into my idea: going as Jay-Z w/ a black blow-up doll dressed as Beyonce (complete with her face photo superimposed over the generic o-face).

4. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

5. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

This year a few of us are thinking about doing Team Zissou though the clock is ticking and we're all pretty lazy...I like the Legends of the Hidden Temple idea.

Team Zissou is a great idea; if you had a large enough group of friends in the right numbers you could be the Tenenbaums. Or even just matching red Adidas tracksuits.

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Team Zissou is a great idea; if you had a large enough group of friends in the right numbers you could be the Tenenbaums. Or even just matching red Adidas tracksuits.

without jewfros it probably wouldn't look quite right though

7. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

^ Fuck this mane of feathery blond hair, guess I'll have to be the tennis prodigy instead.

8. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

last year i was inspector gadget, the year before that i was data from the goonies. both had appropriate props. the thing important to me is a costume has to incorporate outerwear since halloween tends to be chilly and usually involves a good amount of bar/partyhopping. so it helps to wear something that'll help break the ice, plus from my experience water-resistant fabrics actually fare pretty well against the occasional drink spillage.

still deciding on this year's, although one night i'll probably end up being han solo to my girlfriend's sexy chewbacca.

9. theom-

theom- Senior member

last year i was inspector gadget, the year before that i was data from the goonies. both had appropriate props. the thing important to me is a costume has to incorporate outerwear since halloween tends to be chilly and usually involves a good amount of bar/partyhopping. so it helps to wear something that'll help break the ice, plus from my experience water-resistant fabrics actually fare pretty well against the occasional drink spillage.

still deciding on this year's, although one night i'll probably end up being han solo to my girlfriend's sexy chewbacca.

is this even possible?

10. APK

APK Senior member

A guy going to a Ghostface Killah concert. Those tickets will really add authenticity to the ensemble.

11. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I'm going to be a fridge with a functioning door and kids magnets on the front that say "Open me" and inside is going to be 40 room temperature smirnoff Ices duct taped to my torso.

12. APK

APK Senior member

Yea, the key to a good halloween costume for me is something that isn't too obscure to when you tell people who you are they have no clue whatsoever (obviously not everyone is going to get it but you know what i mean) and also something that is easy to wear.

I went as The Dude to a pair of parties last year. I evaluated everyone's worth as a person by whether or not they could identify who I was supposed to be.

P.S. drinking and eating with a flowing wig and fake goatee was an exercise in patience.

13. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

is this even possible?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Thread just went next level.

15. Guyute

Guyute Senior member

Marty McFly with a pal as Doc Brown. Home Run.