• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friend hosted SMWS national rep. That mantle kept growing throughout the night
Meh, I’m not sure I’m going to renew. Prices just keep skyrocketing. Although I like their system of upfront flavor profiles, the cost just doesnt seem to be worth it. Anything worth getting is either sold out instantly or $$$$$$$$$.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks, all. It was a fun little project but took me way too long.

Now that is a good eye! I use them in place of Bitterman's mole a lot. Also, in my Cure for Pain, and a cocktail I do (the recipe is on SF somewhere) called the Blue Mountain -- rum, arrack, Campari, Galliano Ristretto, vermouth, and the Aphrodite bitters).

Yes, the 20. Though the 1978 Port Ellen and the A.H. Hirsch 16 are probably rarer.

~ H

That's a beautiful cabinet and an enviable collection my friend!!

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How’s the Hirsch? I have a bottle that I’ve yet to open. Still irked I passed on getting a bottle of the 20.

Thanks, all. It was a fun little project but took me way too long.

Now that is a good eye! I use them in place of Bitterman's mole a lot. Also, in my Cure for Pain, and a cocktail I do (the recipe is on SF somewhere) called the Blue Mountain -- rum, arrack, Campari, Galliano Ristretto, vermouth, and the Aphrodite bitters).

Yes, the 20. Though the 1978 Port Ellen and the A.H. Hirsch 16 are probably rarer.

~ H

Resistant

Reaction score
Meh, I’m not sure I’m going to renew. Prices just keep skyrocketing. Although I like their system of upfront flavor profiles, the cost just doesnt seem to be worth it. Anything worth getting is either sold out instantly or $$$$$$$$$.
Definitely the ongoing feedback SMWS is receiving. He said they have plans to offer better shipping or free for multiple bottles and will hold bottles until the buyer has enough.

TTB has redesigned labels approved. Yes many of the bottles are overpriced and you have to pay a fee for access but that model won’t change. Cannot pickup bottles at the tasting room / bar. I’ve actually paid less winning these at auction. Or doing group buys.

They have excellent Laphroaig picks. also aultmore is a great selection. You can get single barrel bushmills. Longmorn picks are also strong. So some barrels are much better and certain distillers are reliable such as Laphroaig. I’m sure it’s a fun membership but I doubt I wold last long asa member.

Resistant

Reaction score
Often counterfeit also. But same whisky non the less. Just different age statements some tanked some actually aged

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Viet
I’m never really sure how to pronounce Vietnamese names. This one is no exception.

Viet (vee-et) Nguyen (win) Dinh (din) Tuan (twahn) is my best version. Nguyen was the most common family name in my high school after Smith...

Pomdotcom (a pomegranate sour) at West Flanders Brewing Company in downtown Boulder, CO

494B74E8-16AA-43D5-AA91-2547229E3BB3.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brewery Ommegang x Game Of Thrones Take The Black Stout

FF5D13C8-1BF2-426F-8F4E-210B3422DE6B.jpeg

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the midst of a reno, so it's messy
Did find my old case with a couple of decanters in it
Beats me what I actually put in this, but it's helpful as I navigate my house

IMG_20191124_175657.jpg

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just discovered the cinnamon flavored whisky this weekend. Been drinking it with egg nog. ****** is gonna get so fat.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep that's it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads