• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
An Icelandic spin on Lion's Tail (or an improved whiskey sour):
juice of one lime
3 oz whiskey (Floki Icelandic)
1 oz Brokur birch bitter
egg white
2 dashes aromatic bitters
birch cocktail.jpg

Also enjoyed a Tom Collin's variant I tried in Iceland: sub in birch syrup for the simple. Surprisingly deep and complex, not the usual verging-on-cloying Tom Collins.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why are you guys making cocktails for 2?

sftiger

Reaction score
Canned Moscow mule from Cutwater Spirits. Not the best thing ever but does the trick in a pinch.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another Plymouth martini at the oak bar.

Our bill last night had 15 shots of Dr. McGilicuddys on it last night. Felt that this morning. Delux Café is a really fun bar in Boston. Nothing really of note other than the atmosphere is awesome. It looks a lot like Skinny Dennis in NY

EEFA91EF-04D4-47F9-8121-50567C26F3FD.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Pricing there is pretty good.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s a dope bar. Always have a lot of fun here. Small bar usually busy. Good energy and buzz. Very hard quality to capture. Not a good place for picking up women. Usually a lot of couples and gay men. It’s a neighborhood bar at the end of the day. Buck Owens was on the playlist throughout the night, made me happy.

E5B7958F-1684-4A0B-BBFA-5680394A8778.jpeg

CF4D04F1-18CB-442E-9C72-2DCBBF4C9B88.jpeg

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But seriously, you guys make these huge drinks. The three ounce sour blows my mind. I drink pretty god damn quick, but how is that thing not at an unenjoyable temperature when you’re a little over half way through it. The egg white foam too. I get the shivers.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Why I use one of my large mixing glasses to make martinis with is because I can keep it really cold and just pour off. It gets more diluted, of course, but that is not without it's pleasures too. If it's just me I'll grab a side car and put it on crushed ice...plus that gives me an excuse to get out my mallet and Lewis bag.

NycLondon

Reaction score
Soemthing great to celebrate yesterday, so tried this 1967 Italian wine. I would not say it was great, but for 1967 and $50, it was pretty damn delicious.
1967 PICCONE.jpg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Split a six pack of Wild Yak Pacific Ale while watching the rugby with Mrs GF..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads