• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Naka

Reaction score

Lurisia Chinotto

Also I hate you people, you've had me searching for gum syrup all day. Does anyone know where I can find it in NYC before I have to get it online? I can confirm they don't have it in Whole Foods Bowery and Tribeca, Dean and Deluca, Kaluystans and the 3 or 4 wine stores I walked into around Union Square and Soho.

Edit: Oh also Eataly doesn't have it. This is seriously how I spent most of my day.

Just make your own mang, much cheaper and only takes 5-10 minutes.

http://cocktails.about.com/od/mixology/r/simple_syrup.htm

Tanqueray and Tonic, cucumber and lime garnish.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well. One bottle costs like 5$, lasts a long time and you don't have to worry about crystallization.
I wouldn't ask for gum syrup though as many people might think you mean bubble gum syrup (Monin has that one, too!). Ask for sugar syrup. Or simply find a shop that focuses on cocktail preperation/ingredients. Or order online - it seems that you need a lot of other basic stuff, too, if you don't even have a sweetener.

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This year's bottling of BTAC William LaRue Weller.

Still not a fran. Heat seems to overpower the flavor, even with 2 cubes.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Had an especially trying class this evening, so I came home with bourbon on my mind. Two moderate pours of Eagle Rare 10yr, neat.

God I can't wait until this semester is over.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Mojitos for me and the lady, Havana Club 3yr - got a huge bag of mint for like $1.50 today, and a big bag of limes too, but it's really the little splash of Monin mojito syrup that gives it a mint kick, fresh to death.

315649_10100460293619850_15904009_53317150_810721396_n.jpg

tesseract

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
apple cider, pear brandy and a splash of cointreau. cinnamon stick for garnish and flavor

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aviation - Plymouth gin, I find it balances well with tihs cocktail, more so than Tanq, Bombay, or the other available gins around here.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my own invention, which was decent, but not worth spelling out, and a sidecar right now.

On a sidenote, the Stirrings Triple Sec is really quite good, even as a stand alone. For the price (pretty much the same as Dekuyper) I was expecting just a mixer (though I was certainly intrigued by the much higher proof), but it's much better than that. Good enough to sip, was I one to sip liqueurs, even.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Liberating Cuba by myself tonight. Little mix of the white and the dark, half a lime, some cane sugar Coke - all things in place, finally. :slayer:

384174_10100461326739470_15904009_53328977_670902845_n.jpg

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn Drew, I wanna drink the hell outta those. Looks so good. No Mojito fixins, but I'm gonna run up to the store for some Mexi Coke, limes and rum right now! INSPIRED.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer the rum n cola (dark rum) plain, without lime... don't think it fits very well. Not more than a hunch of lime if any. Am I the only one? For a Cuba Libre, with more white rum, it obviously is a good fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads