• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have heard good things about them

It's excellent, one of the best rums I've had I think. Very unique. White sugar sweetness and I got lots of celery salt notes (in a good way). I've heard the organic one is just as good, if not better as well.

Now that I've had it need, I need to try it in a daiquiri and velvet hammer.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's excellent, one of the best rums I've had I think. Very unique. White sugar sweetness and I got lots of celery salt notes (in a good way). I've heard the organic one is just as good, if not better as well.

Now that I've had it need, I need to try it in a daiquiri and velvet hammer.
Recently picked this up-

061D6C5B-1016-4883-A727-A83D91FD666F.jpeg

from the guys at Cinco Sentidos - they found a third generator rum distiller in the rainforest of Oaxaca

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a bottle of that too! Makes for a great daiquiri. Also fun to do like half that and half something funky jamaican for a mai tai.
I don’t know if it’s because I had the Clairin sajous recently, but this Cañada had some of that olive brine/salty flavor (albeit a very toned down version). The sajous’ olive is a bit over the top for me.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s because I had the Clairin sajous recently, but this Cañada had some of that olive brine/salty flavor (albeit a very toned down version). The sajous’ olive is a bit over the top for me.

Yeah I get a lot of olive brine/salty and like a bit of tomato (but not as much tomato as Paranubes). Not as crazy olive brine as batavia arrack though. It's a neat one. I also like doing it with just lime juice and seltzer (like a ranch water).

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I get a lot of olive brine/salty and like a bit of tomato (but not as much tomato as Paranubes). Not as crazy olive brine as batavia arrack though. It's a neat one. I also like doing it with just lime juice and seltzer (like a ranch water).
Le Rocher remains undefeated for me. I think Cañada is good for a more neutral white mixer that won’t overpower a cocktail. I’ll probably be sticking with Rivers/Neisson/Le Rocher as my three agricole type whites (Probitas as my main mixing white). Sonson on order, but have yet to try.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Le Rocher remains undefeated for me. I think Cañada is good for a more neutral white mixer that won’t overpower a cocktail. I’ll probably be sticking with Rivers/Neisson/Le Rocher as my three agricole type whites (Probitas as my main mixing white). Sonson on order, but have yet to try.

Snag some Pere Labat (single plot or organic). It's like what would happen if you took Rivers and cleaned it up and put it in a suit. Like a fresh and clean Rivers. I agree on the Le Rocher too, i think its my favorite of the clairins. Although Casimir is up there too.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Snag some Pere Labat (single plot or organic). It's like what would happen if you took Rivers and cleaned it up and put it in a suit. Like a fresh and clean Rivers. I agree on the Le Rocher too, i think its my favorite of the clairins. Although Casimir is up there too.
I ordered that single plot from K&L. Looks like they have the organic on discount right now too

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered that single plot from K&L. Looks like they have the organic on discount right now too

I hear organic on discount is one of the best deals out there. :p Also this sol tarasca is really really good. If you like Le Rocher, it would be right up your alley.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish I could have gotten in those K&L golden devil caronis :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads