• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve recently had to downsize to the single liquor cabinet, at my wife’s insistence. We have teenage girls and she wants it lockable. Makes sense. The thought of some 17yo swigging my bottle of StaggJr was all the motivation I needed. Been kind of fun polishing various bottles of hooch that had 1/3 or less in ‘em, instead of clinging to that last bit forever. It’s kind of focused my attention on what I really enjoy most as well. I’ll miss the variety, but there’s still plenty of space for 25 bottles, or so. Will be sitting up a smaller, lockable fridge out in the storeroom soon as well… as it’s much more likely they or their friends would get after the wine, beer, canned cocktails, or hard kombucha anyway, I’d assume.

This reminds me of a story my parents tell me of a pre-wedding party they threw at my grandfather's house in La Jolla. My parents were married in their early 20's and didn't know 2 buck chuck from a good bottle.

They (or their guests) apparently got into my grandfathers wine cellar and made many batches of sangria out of good bordeaux my grandfather had put down.

Polishing off old bottles is fun. I've been doing this recently - having friends over to finish off the last 1/3 or 1/4 of whiskey or armagnac I've been hoarding.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Polishing off old bottles is fun. I've been doing this recently - having friends over to finish off the last 1/3 or 1/4 of whiskey or armagnac I've been hoarding.
I'm doing this more and more lately - whenever we go over to a person's house I'll bring a bottle or two of bourbon/tequila/mezcal depending on their preference to help clear space for the bottles that are waiting for me at K&L and Mission.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm doing this more and more lately - whenever we go over to a person's house I'll bring a bottle or two of bourbon/tequila/mezcal depending on their preference to help clear space for the bottles that are waiting for me at K&L and Mission.

I always forget Mission is around the city now. I always think of it as being a Pasadena store.
They used to always have Coffey Malt for like $49......those were the days.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I add a fresh squeeze of half an orange from the tree and a pour of Reposado, for that perfect quick after work “one” drink, which I reckon equals 3 “shots?”
3ABE51BB-6C3D-4933-9E9C-16DC31B131CC.jpeg

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't forget your afternoon aperitif.
And I guesss a couple cafe correctos when I get to the office.... ok maybe I see everyone's point.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’re you doing with all that (Bailey’s I presume) Irish cream?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Irish cream frosting. Hopefully he remembered the milk, butter, and powdered sugar…

And of course a spoon to eat it with.

Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It goes in my daily morning Aeropress, and also my 4:00pm cold brew.
I also put collagen powder in both, for you know, health...

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic. I do a little mixture of Laird’s, collagen and turmeric powder myself… after that first delicious pour of blackness from my French press on its own.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had for the first time some amaro pasubio tonight. Think I need to pick up a bottle, as I love me some pine.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
67E416F3-00D2-450E-964F-83C5E2FC4488.jpeg

Had a couple of these tonight trying out this new clairin. Surprised it’s not a thing, so I’m dubbing it a lazy man’s Hemingway:

2 oz clairin
0.75 oz maraschino liqueur
Juice of a lime (~1.25 oz)
Shake with ice and strain
no garnish because lazy

real damn delicious, perhaps in part to this clairin being fantastic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads