• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1627045
Found a bottle of this at the local store, excited they also had the probitas (much suggested by @edinatlanta ). Will see how that goes in the next tiki batch.

Just going to say this foursquare is pretty amazing. I've not really done sipping rum before, but I think I prefer this over most of my (somewhat expansive) scotch collection.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of those Foursquare bottlings are really good. I drink them all neat though, never thought to mix them.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of those Foursquare bottlings are really good. I drink them all neat though, never thought to mix them.

I'm kind of a baby, i like a little bit of ice in things. I'll even *gasp* put a cube of ice in a scotch from time to time.

*edit:* think I misread, I wouldn't mix the empry in like a tiki, that would be crazy (maybe a little topper on something though?). But the probitas I think is more made for tiki mixing (also 1/3rd to 1/5th the price of the foursquare fancy bottlings).

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just going to say this foursquare is pretty amazing. I've not really done sipping rum before, but I think I prefer this over most of my (somewhat expansive) scotch collection.
foursquare is really good for bourbon lovers

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Descent Russian Imperative Stout @10% only served in a midi glass
0E1EE457-B419-4E1F-B5EC-7474F660640E.jpeg

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@venividivicibj I believe almost indefinitely? My Boulevardiers were in the freezer for many months. I seem to get through the Negronis within just a few at most, but no reason to think they couldn’t stay in there for a 6mos or more…

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second gnarly day of chores done. Replaced pump, motor and some plumbing in my jacuzzi too. It’s up and running and should be ready tonight. Biked down for a quick dip and coupla’ pilsners…
044A1689-6CFE-4B0B-A7D2-CB422967BDB7.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
How long are they good once made?

As they age the vermouth oxidizes so you get subtle changes in flavours. I need to get a new barrel and batch up some manhattans again.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hope you did it in that order. What won?
I did abunadh first, which made the 16 feel very tame/bland in comparison. Ardbeg was too bbq-y for me. I think I prefer the Caol Ila/Talisker style peat (more salt air, less meaty)

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did abunadh first, which made the 16 feel very tame/bland in comparison. Ardbeg was too bbq-y for me. I think I prefer the Caol Ila/Talisker style peat (more salt air, less meaty)

Abunadh is IMO one of the best out there. So much flavor. Really hard to beat.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Following up on a question in the CE, my recipe for bubbly water without the Sodastream hangover:

1 CO2 regulator, dual-gauge (Taprite is the standard, do not cheap out on this)

(I added a cage after the whole thing toppled and crushed my first regulator)

1 gas line w/ ball lock disconnect

1 5 lb CO2 gas canister (Amazon is a good source)

One or several threaded carbonator caps, readily available on Amazon as well. I prefer stainless over plastic for these.

Plastic water / soda bottles, we use the Crystal Geyser 1.5 liter size so they're not as heavy to shake as a full 2 liters.

Once a bottle is filled and hooked up, it will self-carbonate over several hours or with about 5 minutes of moderately vigorous shaking.

The nuisance factor is still an obstacle for my wife, so I make sure to do at least half of the shaking even though I don't drink much of the output.

20210620_113527.jpg

I bought most of the equipment from homebrewsupply.com, total investment before buying gas was about $175. Tank refill cost $28 dollars at my local gas and welding supply store. Our first 5 pound tank lasted about 10 months of my wife drinking about 1.5 liters of bubbly water per day, so apart from the setup cost it probably runs about 10 cents and keeps 1-2 plastic bottles out of rhe waste stream each day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads